LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been look'n for flake...mainly like on new bass boats where its huge and you can see it from far away...I was told alot of microflake would do it but I want it to stand out...how would this stuff do...?
Just exploring all options...im sure house of color is the way to go but bass boats have been doing it for years and at a good price I could coat after coat...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2431817057

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
that looks liek mini flake.....

Just go to Carquest and order ya a jar of 1/64th flake and you'll be good...

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I just did a bike with some mico flake by Xotic and it turned out good, get it in the sun and it will blind you.

Last edited by 64 at Sep 15 2003, 01:23 AM

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
i myself use less than 1 jar but i have a friend that used 2-3 jars his has lots of dept . mine i used a different color base so it still turns the base color at knight

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
THR PROPER RATION FOR FLAKE AND CLEAR IS 4OZ OF FLAKE PER PAINT GUN CUP OF CLEAR(1 QUART) --------MOST "JARS" HAVE 8OZ IN THEM SO THAT WOULD BE TWO CUPS WORTH OF FLAKE TO SPRAY--MOST CARS REQUIRE AT LEAST 4 PAINT CUPS FULL OF MATERIAL(16 OZ) FOR A FULL FLAKE JOB IF NOT MORE------I HAVE LIKE 2 1/2 LBS OF FLAKE ON MY CAR...INCLUDING THE JABS UNDER THE TRUNK ETC--------PEACE

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT+Sep 16 2003, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SWITCHCRAFT @ Sep 16 2003, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--64@Sep 15 2003, 07:15 AM
I just did a bike with some mico flake by Xotic and it turned out good, get it in the sun and it will blind you.

damn is that flake the same size micro flake as house of kolor or is that MINI flake...........???[/b][/quote]
It is a micro, kinda like dust :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by lowlowfanatic@Sep 16 2003, 06:33 PM
www.oldschoolflake.com
www.eastcoastairbrush.com

thinks those are the sites. old school flake has some BIG flake, were i get my flake from. have guns to shoot it as well. maybe someone else on here goes there. good look and take your time.
Thanks for that site...I really like that ShownGo Impala's flake...that shit sweet. We'll see what happen's.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
The flake on a boat is applied by a process called Jell-coat. It is very thick flake applied to the fiberglass and heated, this gives it that thick full appearance

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
i love metal flake i use it on almost every project. the big flake looks cool when the sun is out but it is a pain in the ass to work with (trying to keep it even, flattening it out and so on) it does give a nice effect but it really doesnt shimmer like the smaller flake the flake i use is between 1/8 flake and damn near powder. and trust me i have tried them all

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Sep 18 2003, 02:47 PM
i love metal flake i use it on almost every project. the big flake looks cool when the sun is out but it is a pain in the ass to work with (trying to keep it even, flattening it out and so on) it does give a nice effect but it really doesnt shimmer like the smaller flake the flake i use is between 1/8 flake and damn near powder. and trust me i have tried them all
so what flake do you use then for the bass boat effect i was going to go mini flake but now i'm thinking maybe micro????

oh and dammit fix your website!!! :biggrin:

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
bass boat is 1/8 inch but then again usually on a boat on the water the sun and the reflection is great. but for the time and material you need to apply and get straight i would use regular large flake i am not a fan of mini. by the way the web site is getting redone as we speak

·
Registered
185 Posts
wow 2 1/2 lb of flake that is alot i wana see pics and pics of the floor where u shot the car. i enjoy spraying flake i flake everything i can hell my cell phone is flaked out i flake out ceramic statues give me shit to flake and i will do it i don't like mini flake but that is me.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Sep 18 2003, 09:47 AM
what do you use to flatten it??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts