LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is my third full paint job at my new shop. keep getting better everytime. this one was a lot more of a challange. had a lot of body damage (both quarters, fender, a dozen dents here and there), and the customer wants ice blue pearl over it also.

Here we go!

Front passenger fender pretty caved in, and right on the body line too lol. also cracked the front bumper and broke all three tabs for the headlight.

Passenger side quarter panel. this one was the worst. quite a few dents and one nice on right on the wheel well that had started to rust.

Driver side, not so bad but still some work there

about 16 hours later (spread over a week):

Very happy with the way the fender turned out, still have to do some sanding and filling on the bumper.

OOOOO man the supplies are here!!

I couldnt just let this beautiful stuff sit there and not get sprayed on anything!

I also sprayed the back of three license plates and did 1,2, and 3 coats of pearl and had the customer come out to tell me which one he likes best. he picked the 3 coats! nice choice.

After spraying the test panels i still had an itch to keep spraying, especially since the gun was already dirty, so i pulled the spoiler off and sprayed it, i kept refering to the test panel to get it to match, fuck i did 5 coats and still didnt look anywhere close to the test panel. the gun was acting very funny and spraying very dry, i kept adjusting the fluid so far the damn screw fell out lol. i took the gun apart and tried to clean it, thats when i realized i left my cup filter in the gun and that bitch was plugged SOLID! pulled that out and....HOLY SHIT! turbo pearl!

Should be spraying the whole car tomorrow!

·
stylish muthafucka
10,237 Posts
After spraying the test panels i still had an itch to keep spraying, especially since the gun was already dirty, so i pulled the spoiler off and sprayed it, i kept refering to the test panel to get it to match, fuck i did 5 coats and still didnt look anywhere close to the test panel. the gun was acting very funny and spraying very dry, i kept adjusting the fluid so far the damn screw fell out lol. i took the gun apart and tried to clean it, thats when i realized i left my cup filter in the gun and that bitch was plugged SOLID! pulled that out and....HOLY SHIT! turbo pearl!
lol! I forgot about cup filters... I haven't used one in... forever!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Late night last night, sealer, base, pearl, clear. took a lot longer than i thought. turned out nice though. i wish i would have done more clear (another lesson learned) kinda dry on some edges but nothing to bad. this car ended up with a prior salvage title because of the damages, and i charged him 1400 to do all the body work and spray it. i think thats a great value even if it is a little dry on some edges.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that pearl dances in the light!

one sexy mofo under that mask

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks dreamworks. encouragement is nice sometimes lol. since i was 14 ive been getting into painting but never had a space to really get it going, had a lot of friends then that always talked about wanting to help me with a shop. lol now that i have a shop nobody shows up cause they know real work is going on. lol they call me all the time asking what im working on and if i got it done, as soon as i tell them ya i got it done, they show up and start talking shit pointing out all of the small flaws. kinda shows you who the real friends are.

im not afraid to fail, i would rather fail 100% then just sit on my ass and wonder.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Thanks dreamworks. encouragement is nice sometimes lol. since i was 14 ive been getting into painting but never had a space to really get it going, had a lot of friends then that always talked about wanting to help me with a shop. lol now that i have a shop nobody shows up cause they know real work is going on. lol they call me all the time asking what im working on and if i got it done, as soon as i tell them ya i got it done, they show up and start talking shit pointing out all of the small flaws. kinda shows you who the real friends are.

im not afraid to fail, i would rather fail 100% then just sit on my ass and wonder.
WHAT'S GOOD IS YOU SEE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE... TRUE FRIENDS WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK AND GOOD INTENTIONS, FAKES, TRUE COLORS WILL SHINE THRU EVENTUALLY... BUT KEEP PUSHING AND TRUST ME, I FEEL YA ON THE NOT BEING AFRAID TO FAIL, BUT I BELIEVE STRONGLY WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A WAY... SO STAY FOCUSED AND BUST YOUR CHOPS... MAY YOU REACH GREAT SUCCESS...

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh man that looks awesome!!! Love the color, and the work looks good too. I can only imagine how good the they're gonna get from here. Black's scary business, and this looks good. Mad props.

Thanks!!

This was my first black paint job and only my second metallic paint job, the first metallic i did looked FUCKED lol so i was very nervous going into this. but very happy with the end result.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.