LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jus blew my saco street running it at 48 volts :uh: does prestolite have any good ass quality chrome motors for competetion?? My homie looked at the motor i blew and sumhow the brushes touched the end cap and welded themselves together and jus completely fuked it all up, when we opened it all this black dust came out i was like :angry: oh well fuk it now I know for next time, maybe it the saco maybe its not?? any suggestions??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yo that shit just happened to me last week
so I took it to this place that rebuilds
starters here in New York and they rebuilt
it for 60 bucks shit is as good as new.
It was fixed in two days and it was local
no shipping.
Good luck :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by smkweeddaily@Oct 29 2003, 12:51 PM
Yo that shit just happened to me last week
so I took it to this place that rebuilds
starters here in New York and they rebuilt
it for 60 bucks shit is as good as new.
It was fixed in two days and it was local
no shipping.
Good luck :cool: :cool: :cool:
hmmmmmm i wonder if theres a place like that in miami?

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
http://www.wms1.com/wms1/pages98/low_rider.html

it took a while but i finally realized there was a parts index...

i got one fixed ...but now i gotta order more parts that i over looked ...

if your the mr. fix it kinda guy here you go

·
Registered
819 Posts
Any shop that works on starters should be able to fix it.

We got a shop that re-does the brushes for $30.

What I do is get these young vatos to sell me their blown motors for way cheap and have them serviced and re-sell them.

Later

TC

·
Registered
889 Posts
WHEN YOU GUYS BUY MOTORS, TAKE THEM APART AND TAPE THE BRUSHES, THEN GET SOME INSULATOR PAINT AND SPRAY THE FIELDS AND THE BRUSH HOLDER, ALSO SPRAY THE INSIDE OF THE CAP YOU ARE GONNA USE, BUT YOU NEED TO TAKE OF THE BRUSH SPRINGS. AND TRY TO SPRAY THE WIRES THAT THE BRUSHES ARE ON, BUT NOT THE BRUSH, IT WORTH IT! THE REASON YOU GET SHORTED OUT MOTORS IS BECAUSE ALL THAT DUST FALLS ON THE BRUSH HOLDER AND CREATES SHORTS TO FRAME, WHICH CREATE HEAT, BLOW OUT THE MOTORS WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. BUT USING THE INSULATOR PAINT WORKS GOOD!

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
Theres nothing to worry about. most peopleon LIL only use one font :biggrin: j/k

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
has anybody here tried saco heavy duty motors?? any body got experience wit prestos?? please help me out here before i buy a peice of shit motor again :uh:

·
Registered
889 Posts
GO TO A SHOP THAT REPAIRS STARTERS OR INDUSTRIAL MOTORS, IF THEY DONT SELL IT THEN THEY SOULD KNOW WHERE TO GET IT. THEY WILL SPRAY THE FIELDS WHENEVER THEY REBUILD A MOTOR AS A PRECAUTION(WARRENTIES,ETC.)

·
Registered
768 Posts
i had luxor motors and i burned one up at 48v oil leaked into the motor and shorted it out. the last motor i used was a showtime black comp motor i ran 72v to it and had no problem never cleaned it or anything

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by 87cuttlashopper@Nov 2 2003, 03:13 AM
GO TO A SHOP THAT REPAIRS STARTERS OR INDUSTRIAL MOTORS, IF THEY DONT SELL IT THEN THEY SOULD KNOW WHERE TO GET IT. THEY WILL SPRAY THE FIELDS WHENEVER THEY REBUILD A MOTOR AS A PRECAUTION(WARRENTIES,ETC.)
thanks.......

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
lol i just blew my back motor :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
i tell ya what i ran my 2 prohopper saco streets all summer 1 to front at 48v no probs and 1 to rear at 24v no probs ... the front onne even lasted tthough a stuck solenoid which kept the pump spinning untill it couldnt spin anymore from resistance ..... kid near me bought a cce black street setup and it had black prestolites .... if you ask me they are trash he killed his the second day he had it out ahhahahaha fuckin wanna be lowrider hydro clowns around me man ... if you guys spent one week up here you'd kill yourselves

1 - 14 of 14 Posts