LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i jus got a fosgate amp rated at 400 rms and 1200 max, it is the 401s series. 2 channel

has anyone used this amp b4? whats your opinion about this amp?

its gonna prolly be used to power my 2 infinity 12s

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac6@Dec 30 2003, 04:40 PM
i heard infinity 12's were junk, but the mids and highs are alright
^^^^Dumbest reply ever in the history of this forum :thumbsdown: :twak:

Anyways. The amp is o.k. Pretty reliable but a little noisy and not as efficent as alot of other amps out there.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im takin it back for an xtant 900 watt

and my uncle use to have 2 infinity 12s in his path finder and they hit dam hard.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
the infity reference are built at entry level. They are good subs, they just dont have a high power handling or loud output.

The Kappa Series are nice. They dont get very loud, but they have decent power handling and a nice accurate, tight suspension. Great SQ with these subs. They just arent going to win you competitions.

The Infinity Perfects are nice as hell. Slightly over rated in power handling, but if you stick true to its RMS ratings they have a great crisp and clear response. And they can get pretty loud too.

Infinity subs arent the best thing out for everybody. . . but they are good products. Reliable, does what they claim they will do, and with a proper install anyone could be satisfied with them that is looking for a reasonably loud SQL system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts