LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1951 bel air re-issue. i just finished removing both side trims, the bit of trim at the bottom of the quarterpanel as well as the hood and trunk ornaments and the chrome strip on the hood and top of quarterpanels. i am ussing the whitewalls and crossbar caps from the 59 impala kit and the lake pipes too. i haven't decided if it will primer or duplicolor camel, which is the color of the tailgate farther down this post. i also preformed a gentlemens chop on the roof by removing about 1/32-1/16" from the rear roof pillars, and i removed the front and rear window braces.

next up is my 60 starliner. i'm not much of a ford person but i thought what the hell, why not. painted flat black with cragars from the 70 impala kit and tires from the 66 rivi lowrider kit. i am going for a mild/under construction low budget street cruiser with this one.

next is my 59 impala, the newest issue. painted testors candy green over a gold base. will either have wire wheels or the the rims from the 66 rivi lowrider kit with pegasus whitewalls.

and last up is of all things a diecast. dub city silverado. i didn't like the color so i am currently sanding off the original paint in leu of some of that duplicolor camel paint. so far the tailgate has been painted. also changed the tires/wheels, htey are not as big as the originals so they make the truck almost lay framerails.

sorry the pics aren't the best but it is 12:30am and i have been up since 5:30 working off of 5 hours of sleep. i will try to get some better pics sometime this week, as always comments and opinions are welcome.

Phill D.

Last edited by caprice on dz at Nov 24 2003, 08:40 PM

·
Registered
187 Posts
That's some nice lookin work, man. Love that Starliner... don't recall ever seeing one of those models yet. Like the look you're going for too.

I'm like you ,on the Dub City thing. I really like all of the Dub City stuff, but those big, gigantic fukin wheels they put on em, makes em look goofy as hell, if ya ask me. Just don't care for em at all. Makes it look more like a damn toy or something. Other than that, they're pretty cool. Glad to see you change em out. ... lookin good, on all of em , homie ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
the gentlemans chop would work pretty well on that, but if i were you i would bring the back down some too, can never be too chopped out for me. the front of that roof is up real high though!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i did bring down the back or the roof but i think i will be bringing the front down too

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
few updates to the silverado, painted the bed/bed cover, and revoved the speaker box from the back seat and moved it to the bed. i will be building an amp rack soon. lemme know how its coming along.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

;)

what are your plans with it

i plane on painting it agin and shave the side vew morrows, cameper shell,and some 13-14s on it,and if i can find my roto zip im goign to make it a vert :biggrin: , but uhh how did you get you speaker box out i couldnt get mine out with out fucking it up??

LMK whats up with it man

looks nice too ;) ...

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all i did was put a flat head screwdriver in the top where the box meets the top of the interior tub and pryed it forward. now on the other hand, it was glued along the bottom edge so when it popped of i had to sand down where it sepperated. as far as whats left of my plans, finish painting and re-assembly. i shaved the side view mirrors as well, and i might strip the chrome of the enginge and paint it black and detail it if thats at all possible, i feel the chrome draws to much attention from the detail.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Nov 23 2003, 08:07 PM
all i did was put a flat head screwdriver in the top where the box meets the top of the interior tub and pryed it forward. now on the other hand, it was glued along the bottom edge so when it popped of i had to sand down where it sepperated. as far as whats left of my plans, finish painting and re-assembly. i shaved the side view mirrors as well, and i might strip the chrome of the enginge and paint it black and detail it if thats at all possible, i feel the chrome draws to much attention from the detail.
yea thats what i thowt about to on the engin but if my motors are in the way or somthing im going to put like a model engin in it and ya know hook it up ;)

looks good thow ;)

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds cool. i thought about putting in a regular model enginge but i don't feel like dealing with all of that scratch building

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
This model of yours inspired a homie of mine choose this car for one of our hoppers!it will look like a hot rod but it will have 2 switches/2 motors or maybe 4 motors/4 switches!btw they look awsome!

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks 66, i don't think i can recall ever inspiring anyone before.
btw look out for updates on the silvy tomorrow everyone, i finished painting the body tonight and i'll upload pics tomorrow when it dries

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
btw look out for updates on the silvy tomorrow everyone, i finished painting the body tonight and i'll upload pics tomorrow when it dries

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Nov 24 2003, 06:43 PM
Ill check them out, :cool:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know i said i would post these yesterday but i had to pull a fourteen hour day at work so needless to say i came home and crashed out right away. body is painted and reassembled. i still need to paint the ground effects kit and she's ready to go back together.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by caprice on dz@Nov 26 2003, 08:19 PM
i know i said i would post these yesterday but i had to pull a fourteen hour day at work so needless to say i came home and crashed out right away. body is painted and reassembled. i still need to paint the ground effects kit and she's ready to go back together.

i cut the ground effects off mine so it could lay frame.. ;)
but hopefully it will have a custom frame on it with droes ;) :biggrin:

lookin good by the way :0 ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts