LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by hydryan@Sep 28 2003, 10:00 PM
Whos tired of the famous "bags or juice" for all the fake lowriders who dont care what is under their car/ truck????
the question is confusing me??

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats my point, some guy with a civic comes on here askin us about what is better, you know hes gonna get the bags, like he really cares about hydros..............

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What does that mean? Myself I would never put bags on any of my vehicles as an installer I wont even mess with them. Which do you have OIL or air? Just a question :confused:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
I have air on my 64, wouldnt juice it for anything....

now give me a nice fleetwood, and it'll be 4 pumped all day long!!!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac_rider@Sep 28 2003, 10:54 PM
why wouldnt you use hydraulics? why would anybody want to choose air over hydros?
lets see, I'll tell you my reasons for bagging the 64..

simple to return to stock: lets face it, these cars are worth more uncut..

no lakes of oil in my trunk: leaks are inevitable, I dont want them..

ride quality: I know, accumulators and blahblahblah...

trunk full of batteries: no thank you.

the only advantages I see with juice are...

1. hopping: if you dont reinforce, you will break your car. I dont want 1/4" plate welded all over my clean ass frame

2. 3 wheeling: brings me right back to the reinforcing thing..

3. pretty much limitless playtime: nothing beats juice in this respect, but it is a sacrafice I'm willing to live with. everything has its trade offs..

·
Registered
9,650 Posts
well .... i say juice and only juice ..... i mean great both go up and down ... but the thing i love about it is fluid cant be compressed ... like pressures over 10,000 psi it dont give like gases(air) will do ...what around 250 psi or less

and i mean if you have to pay the same price

yes juice with pressures over 40 times stonger .. bigger thangs happen...

U

·
0 Posts
depends what your looking for my dad has a 68 new yorker on air lol its slow as hell but it rides nice and looks wicked but its so nice hydros will ruin it its liek 3/8" with a 125 psi pressure swith its mad sloooow but looks fly

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
IF SOMEONES SO MUCH FOR ONE OF THOSE, WHY EVEN COMPARE EM???
I DONT COMPARE THOSE 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT SUSPENSION SETUPS!!!

IT'S LIKE COMPARING A BALLON TO AN AIRPLANE!

NOT SAYING ONE THING'S BETTER THAN THE OTHER!
TO EACH HIS OWN...

Last edited by badass 64 at Sep 30 2003, 09:10 PM

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I feel that if your gonna truly lowride.... bags are out of the question. Their not as powerful and don't move with the same authority as juice.
I laugh my ass off everytime I'm riding @ ride height and I pull up next to someone w/ bags, of course their gonna hit their air b/c they see my paint, my wires, my plaque, etc... And start doing side 2 side, a little see-saw, dump a corner or two, its' all good...... til I show that lit-up Porky's switch box....they know they've fu%ked up....especailly when I yank my front end off the ground 3 feet and all they can do is look.
Thats lowriding!!!!!!! Keep the bags in the Fast & Furious forum.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
I honestly feel it all depends on the vehicle and what your trying to do. I have vehicles with hydros in them and I love them, but yet I have vehicles that I would never even think about putting hydro's in. Like BigDan said....he nailed some of the reasons on the head.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
If you don't wanna juice a vehicle like a Regal, Impala, Cutlass, Fleetwood, etc..... Then you also don't need to try to lowride it then, you need to keep it near original.
I understand bags on say a new Cadillac DeVille or something like that.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
it all depends on what vehicle it is and also what you want it to do ,personaly i think air is good for trucks suvs hondas etc n juice should be for the rest :biggrin: i prefer juice thats my .02

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I have an SUV,(Expedition), w/ 2 blk. pumps under the rear. It rides fine. If I didn't hit 'em, you wouldn't even know they were on there.
Also, a buddy of mine has a Honda Prelude w/ 2 pumps & its awesome. It'll bunny hop about 10-12in. off all 4's and 3 wheel the rear.
Bags just couldn't compare.....
Also, I believe most people buy into the whole bag thing because they "want a better ride". When the same ride is possible w/ hydros.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 30 2003, 07:00 PM
If you don't wanna juice a vehicle like a Regal, Impala, Cutlass, Fleetwood, etc..... Then you also don't need to try to lowride it then, you need to keep it near original.
we all have opinions and preferences...

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Sep 30 2003, 05:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Sep 30 2003, 05:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dreday@Sep 30 2003, 07:00 PM
we all have opinions and preferences...[/b][/quote]
True...

·
Registered
839 Posts
I think it also depends on what kinda car u get say a new impala whos gonna juice it has no frame u can bag it and have an adjustable supension same with many new nice cars the town car is about the only one with a frame now days ive got juice in my fleetwood but some 20's and bags is tight for a new impala

1 - 20 of 68 Posts