LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by $Bigg Money$@Sep 30 2003, 08:00 PM
I think it also depends on what kinda car u get say a new impala whos gonna juice it has no frame u can bag it and have an adjustable supension same with many new nice cars the town car is about the only one with a frame now days ive got juice in my fleetwood but some 20's and bags is tight for a new impala
they stopped making Impalas in 1996

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by $Bigg Money$@Sep 30 2003, 06:00 PM
I think it also depends on what kinda car u get say a new impala whos gonna juice it has no frame u can bag it and have an adjustable supension same with many new nice cars the town car is about the only one with a frame now days ive got juice in my fleetwood but some 20's and bags is tight for a new impala
You can juice rides that have no frame.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Actaully, both rider & bigg money is correct. They stopped making the big, traditional Impala, as we know it in '96.
In 2000, they brought it back as a mid sized sedan that shouldn't even be called an Impala!!!!!!!
It's a mid sized sedan, front wheel drive, & basically a blown up Malibu. Just a disgrace to the Impala name....

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I feel that if your gonna truly lowride.... bags are out of the question. Their not as powerful and don't move with the same authority as juice.
I laugh my ass off everytime I'm riding @ ride height and I pull up next to someone w/ bags, of course their gonna hit their air b/c they see my paint, my wires, my plaque, etc... And start doing side 2 side, a little see-saw, dump a corner or two, its' all good...... til I show that lit-up Porky's switch box....they know they've fu%ked up....especailly when I yank my front end off the ground 3 feet and all they can do is look.
Thats lowriding!!!!!!! Keep the bags in the Fast & Furious forum.

not hating, and i know everyone has their own opinon...

but u cant say its not a lowrider without hydroz, or bags for that matter.

a lowrider is exactly as its name says so, a car that rides low. so even a completly stock sedan, that is lowered and rides low is and can be classed as a lowrider. of course the exception of somthing riced up to the max.

just my $0.02, everyone has their opinon, but the truth is there.

and yes i do get pissed off when people do that.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Originally posted by dreday+Sep 30 2003, 06:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dreday @ Sep 30 2003, 06:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--$Bigg Money$@Sep 30 2003, 06:00 PM
You can juice rides that have no frame.[/b][/quote]
yea ;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Oct 1 2003, 08:58 AM

In 2000, they brought it back as a mid sized sedan that shouldn't even be called an Impala!!!!!!!

Just a disgrace to the Impala name....
that was my point.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 28 2003, 08:10 PM
I have air on my 64, wouldnt juice it for anything....

now give me a nice fleetwood, and it'll be 4 pumped all day long!!!
dude that is a waste of a piece of lowriding history... why would you put bags on a 64? I am all about fluid power man..

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
bro, id choose juice over bags any day of the week, juice is the shit.
but all my point was, is that just because it dont have juice or bags, dont mean it aint a lowrider.

;)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
this thread depresses me.

for those of you who don't know.... and say that bagging a 64 is blasphemy or waisting a piece of lowriding history.

well, if you know your history, lowriders didn't have hydraulics, they were just lowered.

and about waisting, talk about cuttin up a frame and reinforcing it to accept hydros???

at least bags for the most part can be bolt on.

i have both, and i have installed both for many customers.

for dailys bags have a better ride, otherwise lincoln and caddilac wouldn't use them on the mass produced vehicles.

not woofing at anybody.

bags or hydros, they are both forms of adjustable suspension with their pro's and con's.

for those that are too narrowminded to see this truly do not understand what the onda bajito(lowriding) is about.

getting your car low, whether by, rocks in your trunk, cutting your springs, heating your springs, hydros or bags. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

ITS ABOUT CRUISING LOW.

with all the media, rap music, commercials, movies etc., they true purpose has been forgotten.

i had a 48 master, that was dropped, now try telling me that is was not a ranfla(lowrider).

216 rider has one of the cleanest and nicest impalas in the midwest. for those of you who are narrowminded are truly missing out on a gem.

when you cruising low at about 3 inches off the asphalt, does it matter if your purpose is to cruise low on which method you use to drop your ranfla???

:cheesy: ,

cc

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by Cruz_Campos@Oct 1 2003, 08:30 PM
this thread depresses me.

for those of you who don't know.... and say that bagging a 64 is blasphemy or waisting a piece of lowriding history.

well, if you know your history, lowriders didn't have hydraulics, they were just lowered.

and about waisting, talk about cuttin up a frame and reinforcing it to accept hydros???

at least bags for the most part can be bolt on.

i have both, and i have installed both for many customers.

for dailys bags have a better ride, otherwise lincoln and caddilac wouldn't use them on the mass produced vehicles.

not woofing at anybody.

bags or hydros, they are both forms of adjustable suspension with their pro's and con's.

for those that are too narrowminded to see this truly do not understand what the onda bajito(lowriding) is about.

getting your car low, whether by, rocks in your trunk, cutting your springs, heating your springs, hydros or bags. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

ITS ABOUT CRUISING LOW.

with all the media, rap music, commercials, movies etc., they true purpose has been forgotten.

i had a 48 master, that was dropped, now try telling me that is was not a ranfla(lowrider).

216 rider has one of the cleanest and nicest impalas in the midwest. for those of you who are narrowminded are truly missing out on a gem.

when you cruising low at about 3 inches off the asphalt, does it matter if your purpose is to cruise low on which method you use to drop your ranfla???

:cheesy: ,

cc
so true. this is what "lowriding" is really about.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
To each his own.....however, pull up next to me, or anyone else w/ juice for that matter, in that Regal w/ bags and just be ready to get clowned on.
Last I checked we were talkin' about bags v.s. juice, not a history lesson about rides without either.

·
Registered
343 Posts
it all truly depends on what kind of car it is and what u want it to do. if it is a newer car ( 80 and up) then i say juice because they are a common car so parts are cheap and it really has no value in stock form. however if it is a classic car such as a 69 caddy or a bomb then i would say bags are the way to go and for these reasons.

- nobody hops these cars because they are to nice to destroy and to way heavy
- when an a frame breaks on a 48 chevy u cant run to the local pick a part and pick up another one
-the reason bags are put in in the first place is so the car can sit low but still beable to drive it home after the show.

now if it is a light, common worthless car that can be destroyed and parts galore a pick a part ( GM g Bodies 80's towncars) then i say go for juice so u can have fun with it and when it breaks sell it to some moron for 5 grand and go build another one

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Oct 1 2003, 08:50 PM
if you have seen my regal...you would know. every where i go people say DAMN they ask if its all Og and it is. its the nicesest fucking g-body in town...period! so do i want oil in it? do i want to add accums just for a better ride then have to do extra care just for that better ride....DO I want to act like a little sheep and do what people say??? im bagging my car! no oil, no monster power ripping apart my car....NO FIRE!!! also im not halling around all that weight and killing gas miles. i dont have the time or cash to drop for a frame wrap plus i want to do something diffrent.
i WILL juice something just not yet. im going to bags first.

IM A LOWRIDE! if you say im not because of the air...thenb your not for being closed minded and not thinking out side of your lamb skin!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

its what suits you best homie.

:cool: ,

cc

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
21 - 40 of 68 Posts