1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
cuzin i wasnt really into models

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
years ago I found a link from the old "screen hoppers" site. Damn, I think I really just aged myself with that one

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
my boy was re-buildin his cutty, and needed some info on the dro's so he hit up layitlow, and one day i was over there chillin, i found the link, and seen they had a model section, and it was all down hill after that ;)

layitlow is the reason i got back into the hobby ;)

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
TURTH BE TOLD IT WAS LOWNSLOW302,RONIN,INTERIORCROCIDDILE, OR WHAT EVER HIS NAME WILL BE NEXT WEEK !

But i was a daily member of the hobby haven message board where i posted up at for about 3yrs , I didn't show my lowriders much over there cause of the style it didn't get much feed so i rarely posted them ! 1 day Kris Diaz a.k.a. BIG POPPA was posting up a pic of a shit load of promo caddies i comment that i would like to get ahold of 1 to build a lowrider !

Ronin posted a pic of a low low and then i in return also posted a low low pic then he spoke of this site called LAY IT LOW where they had an ALL LOWRIDER site that had a modeling section ! SO i checked it out and been everyday since 2006 ! ;)

And for the record ! RONIN IS THE SAME DIP SHIT TODAY AS HE WAS BACK IN 2005 ! :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Honestly I can't remember.....but it's the sole reason for me building lowriders again.

on the other boards it seemed like the word lowrider was a sin.

But I know when I found this site I thought I died and went to Heaven! When I first started building models 16 years ago, all I built was lows but no love around here .

Thank God for this site !

:cool:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I remember it was just boring night and I was watching random stuff in internet, then I thought I should look for lowrider model cars, because in other forums where I was, there was no feedback on my work. Plus I wanted to get some ideas/tricks and stuff, because back then I didnt know shit about lowlows, I got all them ideas from 1:1 lowrider pics in lowridermagazine.com and youtube. Then I found this site, after lookin thru some threads I was like :wow: :wow: :wow: , so many lowrider enthusiasts and builds, I thought how the fuck I didnt find this forum before.

:biggrin:

·
MOOK LIFE
1,078 Posts
was on posting alot of stuff in the lowrider section on scale auto mag and seen in pokey's sig a link to his builds on layitlow and i checked it out and loved this site........ but that was back in like 06.. when it was awesome on this site.... alot of shit talkin now

anyways thanks pokey :cool:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Bob Black ( DPMCC President ) hook me up with the link. For the same crap you guys are commenting on.....nobody commented on my builds. I'd get the most Frequent posted Comment that I hate the most. " I'm not into lowriders ,but I like what you do too them". WTF :mad:
One thing I did notice about LIL. Theres more Caucasians into Lo Lo's...more them ever. no pun intended..LOL :0 :wow: :uh: :cool: ............. ;)

·
0 Posts
I saw a build of drnitrus on SA website about 3 years ago. That led me to LIL.

·
Registered
17,100 Posts
I wasnt even buildin models when i found this site. Just lowrider cars. Seen the model section and was blown away. Looked around for about a year b4 startin a name cause all the drama. Layitlow will never change. :cheesy:
All these og's on here are the reason i started building models again. Everyone else on here is the reason i keep building models everyday. U guys are great motivation. :cool:

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Originally posted by base905@Feb 4 2010, 12:02 PM~16510765
was on posting alot of stuff in the lowrider section on scale auto mag and seen  in pokey's sig a link to his builds on layitlow and i checked it out and loved this site........ but that was back in like 06.. when it was awesome on this site.... alot of shit talkin now

anyways thanks pokey :cool:
aint that right!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I was looking for info on my 1:1 and ended up finding this site...saw the model car section and got back into building. It was an important time for me too...i just moved to a new state, wasnt working didnt know no one ect. Been here ever since. I build it all not just lowriders. Don't know where else to show my work lol

·
FUCK MICHIGAN
11,437 Posts
I had seen the website mentioned in Lowrider magazine and decided to take a look and see, and then found the model car section and was hooked ever since. Im on 3 or 4 different forums and probably am more active on here than anywhere else.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was looking for info on dual 1bbl carburetors on a straight 6
engine for my '63 impala when this website poped up from there
on I came back and seeing all the bad ass models you guys were
putting out I started building myself...... ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I ran into this site 2yrs. ago when i move from ala. i was browsing other sites to find model stores in my area so i could find low rider parts for my models and saw the site and click on it and was hook ever since THANKS FOR THIS WEB SITE!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Back in 04'-05' my cuzz Kita was lookin' at "post your rides" and was like, "sit down and check it out.." I seen MODEL FORUM and was like, WTF? Checked it out and like Trendsetta, thought I was dreamin'! Started dustin' off alot of old models. Before this it was just the Bigg names from Lowrider Bicycle mag that kept me inspired! We all know who THEY are... :biggrin: :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts