LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

just got my amp back

779 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jumper 
#1 ·
ok i just picked up my amp today and i hooked it up and it doesnt work so i took it back and they hooked it up to test it and it works for them........and the guy said that since i fried that one before it might of done somthing to the remote turn on but i have no idea what it could do.........cuz i was wiring it and one wire touched the top of the amp and it sparked and after that it wouldnt spark at all.......and the fuse isnt blown, and its hooked up just how it was before.....................any suggestions on what i can do to get it fixed

#3 ·
Originally posted by jumper@Nov 8 2003, 03:51 PM
ok i just picked up my amp today and i hooked it up and it doesnt work so i took it back and they hooked it up to test it and it works for them........and the guy said that since i fried that one before it might of done somthing to the remote turn on but i have no idea what it could do.........cuz i was wiring it and one wire touched the top of the amp and it sparked and after that it wouldnt spark at all.......and the fuse isnt blown, and its hooked up just how it was before.....................any suggestions on what i can do to get it fixed
the actual remote line can "blow up" or GO OUT for no reason. It was prevelant on Sony decks a few years back, but just hook up str8 12V to the remote hookup and it will work.

If not there is a problem in your wiring.

#5 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe+Nov 8 2003, 05:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10laynframe @ Nov 8 2003, 05:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jumper@Nov 8 2003, 03:51 PM
the actual remote line can "blow up" or GO OUT for no reason. It was prevelant on Sony decks a few years back, but just hook up str8 12V to the remote hookup and it will work.

If not there is a problem in your wiring.[/b][/quote]
so just run a wire off of the remote turn on termenal on the amp and hook it up to the positive batery terminal?

and can i just leave it like that or do i have to wire it a different way

#6 ·
u dunt have to take a wire all tha way from ur battery to ur amp just take a wire and hook it up from tha big + wire tha tha remote and see if that works. and ur gonna have to pull that wire off when ur not using ur amp or when ur cars off so tha amps not always on or put a switch on it.

btw r u sure u checked all tha fuses.

#7 ·
Originally posted by FullFledgedPimpin@Nov 8 2003, 07:11 PM
u dunt have to take a wire all tha way from ur battery to ur amp just take a wire and hook it up from tha big + wire tha tha remote and see if that works. and ur gonna have to pull that wire off when ur not using ur amp or when ur cars off so tha amps not always on or put a switch on it.

yes i checked all the fuses and i did take the remote turn off wire off and run a wire from that terminal to the positive wire that was back there and it didnt come on

#8 ·
Originally posted by jumper+Nov 8 2003, 07:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jumper @ Nov 8 2003, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--FullFledgedPimpin@Nov 8 2003, 07:11 PM

yes i checked all the fuses and i did take the remote turn off wire off and run a wire from that terminal to the positive wire that was back there and it didnt come on[/b][/quote]
try running the remote lead turn on to the wire for the power antenna. Does the amp turn on at all and go into protection or just not turn on at all.

#11 ·
i just got that bastard workin yesterday, there was somthing funny with my fuse.........i took it out and touched the two terminals together and it came on........i put a new fuse in and it works(and no the old one wasnt blown it was just fucked up)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.