LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just got my AMPS. Got two JBL 1201.1's from a company here called "Crown" they "tweeked" more power out of it so its now putting out even more power. ( got a friend there. )

Now what to do for subs.....

Currently I am running Zero Guage wire threw the car. Got a Stinger battery along side the Truck and SUV battery I have under the hood to run all the Tv's and Lights I have threw and under the car. I want to get as much bang as I can for my buck. But for speakers alone I think I will have a budget of about $600.

Suggestions?

I am looking for something that will of course hit hard. I have four 6X9's and a set of componets already in my car. So highs and mids should be covered. All this is in a 2 door Coup. ( My 73 Rivi ) :cool:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by taylorswanted@Aug 23 2005, 09:13 PM~3678606
kicker solo l5s or l7s are tight , but u can never go wrong with mtx 9500s , good luck man
im starting to get annoyed by people creating there own name for a line of subs that are already out...

kicker has a 3 different "square" sub lines... they have the solobaric L5, solobaric L7, and SOLO-X...

the 05 comp series, compVR, L5, and L7 stops at 15"... the solo-x stops at 18"...

im not picking on you, but if i see one more person say "what about those kicker squares", or decide to blend half the title of one line of kicker subs with the other half of another line, i think im gonna cut the computer off...

next thing you kno, we're gonna have solo-cvr's...

i just had to air that out...

-qs

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So should i go with a 2 12's one amp per sub?

Or should I use the Amp's Audio Out to Daisy chain them to a single 15?

I seem to remember two 12's powered to 1200 will hit harder then one 15 powered to 2400.

let me know thoughts and such.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by The Assassyn@Aug 23 2005, 09:50 PM~3678874
So should i go with a 2 12's  one amp per sub?
Or should I use the Amp's Audio Out to Daisy chain them to a single 15?

I seem to remember two 12's powered to 1200 will hit harder then one 15 powered to 2400.

let me know thoughts and such.

you can get a single 12" to out due (2) 15"ers... and you can get a 15" to out due (2) 12"ers....

depends on the enclosure, subwoofer, amplifier, electrical system, vehicle, and placement of subwoofers...

I'm assuming that the 2 amps are for subs...i would say get (2) 15"ers and call it a day... make sure they are of high quality...

ON SECOND THOUGHT, get ONE 15"...i'm getting tired of seeing (2) subs in a trunks, SUNGLE sub applications get my attention with ease compared to the dual or 4sub applications...one high-powered, "cant fuck with me" type of sub would do you good....

-qs

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:biggrin:
One BIG Vote for single Good 15"

Thoughts/Suggestions on type?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Originally posted by The Assassyn@Aug 23 2005, 07:31 PM~3679188
:biggrin:
One BIG Vote for single Good 15"
Thoughts/Suggestions on type?

Anyone ever use or seen the Dayton Audio from parst express. what ya'll think?
DAYTON TIT400C-4 15" TITANIC MKIII SUBWOOFER 4 OHM
Part Number 295-420

List Price: $239.99 EA
Price: $198.66 EA
Special Price: $173.87 EA
Need a large quantity?
Quantity:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Stock? Yes
Weight: 28.00 lbs.
Catalog Page: 159 (PDF)
Email This Page To A Friend!

To produce loud, hard hitting, deep bass in large home environments you need to move a lot of air, and the 15" Titanic MKIII will do just that! With its large surface area and long excursion, the 15" MKIII will sweep over 3 liters of air! Optimized for a variety of enclosures, the 15" MKIII is THE driver when you are looking to build the ultimate home theater subwoofer!
Specifications: *Power handling: 800 watts RMS/1,100 watts max *VCdia: 2-1/2" *Le: 3.84 mH *Impedance: 4 ohms *Re: 3.68 ohms *Frequency range: 19-500 Hz *Magnet weight: 136oz. *Fs: 19.93 Hz *SPL: 91.7 dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: 7.79 cu. ft. *Qms: 5.89 *Qes: .41 *Qts: .38 *Xmax: 20.5 mm *Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 15-9/16", Cutout Diameter: 14-1/16", Mounting Depth: 8-3/8".
Power handling: 800 watts RMS/1,100 watts max
Impedance: 4 ohms
Fs: 19.93
Xmax 20.5 mm
Sensitivity: 91.7 dB 2.83V/1m
Vas: 7.79 cu. ft.
Qts: .38

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by lowsammy@Aug 23 2005, 10:59 PM~3679429
for a picture go to www.partsexpress.com and type in the part #295-420 , it wouldnt post it ....I took this from thier site..look at the Xmax though!
Xmax doesn't make it good nor loud... ;)

My Brahma's Xmax is 29 mm one way, linear...
That's 58 mm linear peak to peak, if you couldn't do the math...
A sub can have 100 mm of Xmax, but if all the other params. aren't in proportion, the sub is a doorstop...

However, that Dayton sub is a solid sub for the money...

·
Registered
10 Posts
brahmas are awesome speakers....i love solobarics...have had 3 of them and nothing has every went wrong with them...but i also heard eclipses the other day and i do have to say they will be the next speakers i get..so you might want to look into them

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Aug 23 2005, 09:56 PM~3678913
ON SECOND THOUGHT, get ONE 15"...i'm getting tired of seeing (2) subs in a trunks, SUNGLE sub applications get my attention with ease compared to the dual or 4sub applications...one high-powered, "cant fuck with me" type of sub would do you good....

-qs
I'm starting to feel this way myself. I've got two subs in my setup and I'm already tired of the way it looks. It has only been installed a little over a month and I'm planning my next system which will probably only include one sub.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
kicker solo l5s or l7s are tight , but u can never go wrong with mtx 9500s , good luck man
im starting to get annoyed by people creating there own name for a line of subs that are already out...

kicker has a 3 different "square" sub lines... they have the solobaric L5, solobaric L7, and SOLO-X...

the 05 comp series, compVR, L5, and L7 stops at 15"... the solo-x stops at 18"...

im not picking on you, but if i see one more person say "what about those kicker squares", or decide to blend half the title of one line of kicker subs with the other half of another line, i think im gonna cut the computer off...

next thing you kno, we're gonna have solo-cvr's...

i just had to air that out...

-qs

Probably was not using Caps, l5, l7, insted of L5, L7

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by taylorswanted@Aug 23 2005, 09:13 PM~3678606

is what i was referring too, there is a SOLOBARIC l5 and l7, but there is not a SOLO l5 l7, they do have SOLO-X's...

and when i read that, i just remember a couple other posts where ppl were confusing the subs and thinking all of the subs are the same becaues they have a square shape....

thats is all for now...

-qs

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
If you want to be loud a ported design with a 15 will be the ticket.

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9900c

Make the locals eat your ass out with a huge ported box that get's so loud your momma disowns you. :)

That or two Brahamas in a sealed box, 12's probably to fit a decent sized box, for SQ, (be more then loud enough to hurt ears) would be nice.

Any one tried a Tumult in a car?

http://www.adireaudio.com/Mobile/TumultSeries.htm

To bad beyond audio is er under construction or some thing, the guy was a bad buisness man and sorta went under. Not that my buddy didn't get 4 18 inchers from him in his tahoe, ported.....

(BTW a single large box ported subwoofer will be larger then two of the same or smaller subwoofers in a sealed application always, and almost always louder then two ported boxes of smaller size, the fact is you can't make big enough ported box when you need room for two in almost any trunk)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts