LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was checking my knock offs tonight, making sure all were tight.

all seemed pretty tight but my passenger rear wheel, the space between the knockoff and the wheel seemed bigger than all the others like it wasn't tightened as far on. But i hammered the shit out of it and it seemed to be as tight as it could get. is this weird? could their be a problem.

also the end of just a couple spokes, on one of the wheels, you can barely barely see a slight bit of rust, how can i remove rust? or prevent it better. I use eagle one wire wheel cleaner weekly , and also use wd-40 every now and then.

I would really appreciate the help homies.

thanks

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
YOU SOULD JACK THE CAR UP 1ST MAKE SURE THERE IS NO WOBBLE....MAKE SURE THE WHEEL IS SITTIN ON THE HUB, IT COULD BE YOUR STUDS ARE TO LUG / WRONG LUGS/ ARE JUST A BAD KOFF.... I WONT RIDE TO IT UNTIL I WAS SURE....HATE TO SEE YOU LOOSE A WHEEL OR YOUR LIFE!!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz@Sep 26 2006, 11:43 AM~6247959
YOU  SOULD  JACK  THE  CAR  UP  1ST  MAKE  SURE  THERE  IS  NO  WOBBLE....MAKE  SURE THE WHEEL IS  SITTIN  ON  THE  HUB,  IT  COULD  BE  YOUR  STUDS  ARE  TO  LUG /  WRONG  LUGS/ ARE  JUST  A  BAD  KOFF.... I  WONT  RIDE  TO  IT  UNTIL  I  WAS  SURE....HATE  TO  SEE YOU  LOOSE  A  WHEEL  OR  YOUR  LIFE!!
yupp... ;)

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
i would just make sure your teeth on that wheel are actually sitting inside each other and not on top of each other, and about the rust, it could be too things, just eresidual rust from the thread area inside the nipple/rim, and chipped spots where the spoke /nipple have chipped back. try a medium stiffness bristle brush on it and some cleaner and see if it brushes off.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
As far as rust goes...

First clean your nipples very good, then go outside and clean the wheels with soap and water, and then coat with wd-40. Wesleys tire foam also works well. Wipe the rim, and leave the rest on there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts