LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has played around with the Kandy Koncentrate, and what some of the results were.
I want a unique color, so this is my options:

1. Metajuls base+ Urethane Kandy with 2 small doses of Koncentrate

OR

2. Metajuls base+ Urethane Kandy with a small dose of one Koncentrate, and then add the other koncentrate to the clear

Let me know whatchu guys think...... :thumbsup: OR :thumbsdown:

·
Mr. Paid
5,601 Posts
Concentrate in the clear is gonna give you the same effect as urethane candy so option 2 probably wouldn't look any different, plus you would still need to use just clear over it or it will change shades when you buff it. Concentrate mixed in urethane candy will probably hide the base too much without enough build, so it would take away from the candy effect. Probably.

·
da painter
24,179 Posts
probaly better to spray your 1st color candy, then shoot the 2nd color on top.. i would use urethane for them both.. then clear...

test panel is going to be your best best since you want a unique color.. you could also try different bases.. base coat changes the color of the candy..

test panel with urethane and kk on top.. then clear and see what happens

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx fellas...... This is what I'm working with: Metajuls02, with Kandy Tangerine urethane...... I had planned on tinting it with brandywine and pagan gold koncentrate to give it a darker/reddish tint, hoping that I'm not drowning out the metajuls, cause we all know that shit is expensive.......... I figured that I would use my dash pieces as sort of a test panel since I already have them prepped and ready to roll...........

·
da painter
24,179 Posts
Thanx fellas...... This is what I'm working with: Metajuls02, with Kandy Tangerine urethane...... I had planned on tinting it with brandywine and pagan gold koncentrate to give it a darker/reddish tint, hoping that I'm not drowning out the metajuls, cause we all know that shit is expensive.......... I figured that I would use my dash pieces as sort of a test panel since I already have them prepped and ready to roll...........
you might drown it out with the darker color.. just put some metal flake underneath it instead if you want that sparkle

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aight man, I'll be looking forward to seeing yours on the streets in P-town.......I've always had a sweet spot for Elcos....I used to have a blue 78 that we used to cruise on Richmond with 2 old school Reds comps. Ahhhh.... that was the good old days....back when the Rockets were worth a fuk.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mixing kandys.... UK kk or any die.... U must take it back to the basics of the color wheel what color makes what and how each color effects the other one. The twist when it comes to paints is u also have to know what makes up each color cuz that will change things real fast and if u get the wrong two put together you'll make muk!

·
da painter
24,179 Posts
Aight man, I'll be looking forward to seeing yours on the streets in P-town.......I've always had a sweet spot for Elcos....I used to have a blue 78 that we used to cruise on Richmond with 2 old school Reds comps. Ahhhh.... that was the good old days....back when the Rockets were worth a fuk.
gunna be a while before you see it in the streets again, im taking it back off the frame and everything.. redoing the frame and suspension, new paint, int. hot motor...so yea, ill be back riding next yr sometime

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
:420::D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts