LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what all would i need to paint a kandy i mean like reducer,what type primer,etc.,i want some kind of dark blue with a silver base with blue and chrome flakes and would i spray the flakes with the silver base, kandy or clear??? help me out please i dunno shit about this painting thing,if i don't do this my self i atleast like to buy all the materials i need then take to someone that knows what there doing.....thanx ;)
oh and i have fiberglass and plastic pieces on my car like spoiler ground effects,what is needed for that?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Here's basic specs for a House Of Kolor candy job:

You said primer, if your car is bare metal then start with an etching primer--- on average, $100.
Then, use a 2k primer--- $50 Omni brand
Make sure the car is all one color, or you can put on a sealer.

Base---1 gallon @ roughly $120. Requires reducer-2 quarts $24.

Flakes---$35 for 6oz.--two colors would be $70 (this is not for a full flake job, just for sporadic flake)

Candy---5 quarts @ $200 catalyst 3 quarts @$105 Reducer 3 quarts @$36.

Clear--- 1 gallon of Omni 161 clear costs around $100. This is a good clear and buffs nicely.

My advise would be to buy the paint and take it to a professional. Candy paint is not the right type of paint to learn with. It is expensive and is probably the hardest type of paint to spray.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:biggrin: cool,thanx for all the info Locomaz,im gonna copy and save all this ;)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Originally posted by HydroStangGT@Nov 15 2003, 04:30 PM
:biggrin: cool,thanx for all the info Locomaz,im gonna copy and save all this ;)
Good luck bro. ;)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I painted the color you are looking for on a bike, let me find the pics.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by HydroStangGT@Nov 16 2003, 05:08 PM
cool,post it up if u find it :biggrin:
the truck is in the " ran the candy part two topic" the bike I will have to find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts