LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got 20 inch 150 spokes on my 98 explorer i just have a hard time cleaning them even harder for the ones on the back is there something i can you or something they sell that would help

·
Registered
284 Posts
welcome to tha club,tha only things u can do is dust covers but that is junk,EBC green stuff brake pads keep brake dust down big time.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I used to have the same problem with my 13 inch wires the ones on the front used to get black from brake dust.But not any more what I did is I went to NAPA auto parts and got me some really good brake pads. I think they were $80 dollars believe me they work you will be glad u did. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
eagle 1 wire wheel cleaner, shit works TIGHT, when dirty, spray on and hose off :cool:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Eagle One and a high-pressure hose.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
i just wash mine with warm soapy water n a hose every couple of days

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
i just wash mine with warm soapy water n a hose every couple of days

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Remember to blow dry them with an air compressor... ;) This way you won't get water spoting... :biggrin:

·
Banned
8,749 Posts
welcome to the club. that's what happens to wires. Just clean them every few days or get some really good brake pads. I wouldn't suggest dust covers. But that's up to you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They are a mother fucker. Here are some helpfull tips.

1. Do not clean while hot.

2.Use a soft clean paint brush

3. Use the wire wheels cleaner

4. Use a high powered hose or nozel

5. Get the better breakpads

Be good to them and hopefully pull a year with the best shoes on the block.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
once about ever month or so i take all my rims off and clean then front and back with either a tooth brush or a paint brush and some turtle wax chrome pollish

Last edited by jumper at Jul 26 2003, 11:21 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by ace of spades+Jul 27 2003, 12:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace of spades @ Jul 27 2003, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ace of spades@Jul 25 2003, 03:37 PM
would a power washer work?
anyone??[/b][/quote]
Read the posts. I said...

"Eagle One and a high-pressure hose"

·
Registered
509 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Jul 27 2003, 12:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Jul 27 2003, 12:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -ace of [email protected] 27 2003, 12:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--ace of spades
@Jul 25 2003, 03:37 PM
would a power washer work?

anyone??
Read the posts. I said...

"Eagle One and a high-pressure hose"[/b][/quote]
ok...wasn't sure if you meant just with your thumb over it, or a 2500psi washer...don't wanna bung anything up. Thanks homie.

·
7,368 Posts
if you have access to a air hose it helps to blow the excess water off so there is no water spots I know when im planning on going to thre car wash ill fill up my air bubble and take it with me helps a ton and yea eagle one is the stuff to use
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by 383cutty@Nov 24 2008, 09:34 PM~12248261
if you have access to a air hose it  helps  to blow the excess water off so there is no water spots I know when im planning on going to thre car wash ill fill up my air bubble  and take it with me helps a ton and yea eagle one is the stuff to use
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Damn this post is over 5 years old :twak:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts