LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw an SUV on youtube that had like 5-6 alternators that charged all the batteries he had to power his audio system. i was wondering, has anyone done something like that but for their juiced car??? Or have like a 2 battery setup and the batteries wired to the alternator??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Mar 8 2010, 10:47 PM~16834001
Street charger yo. Unless you can find a 72 volt alternator.
street charger is the only way to do it withot a bunch of bs is it a daily?.. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Mar 9 2010, 12:49 AM~16834040
street charger is the only way to do it withot a bunch of bs is it a daily?.. :cool:

not for me man....I was just like WTF when i saw like 6 alternators all spinning in that truck??? and whats a street charger??
 

·
Mr. Paid
Joined
·
5,601 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 8 2010, 09:54 PM~16834132
not for me man....I was just like WTF when i saw like 6 alternators all spinning in that truck???  and whats a street charger??
Transforms the 12volts from the alternator to whatever voltage you need for your setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Mar 9 2010, 12:56 AM~16834163
Transforms the 12volts from the alternator to whatever voltage you need for your setup.

I just checked on google and saw their website?? thats pretty damn sick!?!?!? why have I not heard of it?? is it used alot, or is it not popular??

so pretty much the alternator powers the street charger and the street charger does all the work??
 

·
Mr. Paid
Joined
·
5,601 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 8 2010, 10:03 PM~16834263
I just checked on google and saw their website?? thats pretty damn sick!?!?!?  why have I not heard of it??  is it used alot, or is it not popular??

so pretty much the alternator powers the street charger and the street charger does all the work??
I just sold my 48 volt, need to get a 72 volt now. Getting caught with dead batteries sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Mar 9 2010, 01:11 AM~16834365
I just sold my 48 volt, need to get a 72 volt now. Getting caught with dead batteries sucks.

thas ture...this sounds like its the invention of the century, i just never hear about it...
 

·
Phoenix Chapter President
Joined
·
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 8 2010, 10:14 PM~16834407
thas ture...this sounds like its the invention of the century, i just never hear about it...
:biggrin: ........Ive been running a street charger in 2 cars now for almost 4 years and they work great......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to have a 2 pump 4 dump 6 battery setup. I am not reinforcing my car, whats the best way to wire them, and which street charger would I have to get?
 

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
Joined
·
15,756 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 9 2010, 10:34 AM~16838370
I'm going to have a 2 pump 4 dump 6 battery setup.   I am not reinforcing my car , whats the best way to wire them, and which street charger would I have to get?
well, thats a bad idea.... fail from the word go....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Reverend Hearse@Mar 9 2010, 01:36 PM~16838381
well, thats a bad idea.... fail from the word go....

i'm not going to be hopping...its just lay and play...I will definitely reinforce in the future, I just can't right now, its my daily. Lay and play should not do anything to my frame, at leats not anymore than the speed bumps by my old house do. i used to go over them and my car would float around and bounce...lol
 

·
Phoenix Chapter President
Joined
·
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 9 2010, 10:34 AM~16838370
I'm going to have a 2 pump 4 dump 6 battery setup.  I am not reinforcing my car, whats the best way to wire them, and which street charger would I have to get?
for lay and play run 6 batts @ 48v with 2 batts in reserve and you will have no problems given you dont 3 wheel...........when you start pushing 72v shit starts breaking and bending with no reinforcements......
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top