LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST PICKED UP A SET OF 13 X 7 ALL CHROME PLAYERS. I'M STILL WAITING TO FIND SOME FATTY WHITES. I JUST WANT SOME TIPS ON THE BEST WAY TO KEEP MY WIRES CLEAN AND RUST FREE. I'VE HEARD ALOT OF PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THEIR WIRES RUSTING AND I WANT TO TRY TO KEEP THAT FROM HAPPENING TO MINE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. THANX!

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
the only way to stop your players from rusting is to store them under your bed and not fitted to your car and buy yaself sum real wires MCLEANS

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Aug 5 2003, 04:38 PM
the only way to stop your players from rusting is to store them under your bed and not fitted to your car and buy yaself sum real wires MCLEANS
are you crazy fool i roll players I have them on my 63 and i have had them on most of my low lows and the ones on my beaters sit out side and get rolled on EVERY day and guess what not a spec of rust i have had one set for 4 years and still nice the key is to keep them clean thats all . and use eagle one chrome and wire wheel cleaner You cant go wrong .. Theres a reason why mclean went out of biz the first time hhhmmmm

just tryin to help

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ride dayton but here is what helps

Get better brakes pads, now that is a big problem with the bling,shine.

Wash with the cleaner that player should provide,if not ask the company ;)

Use a clean piant brush

Do not clean while hot

If a littel hot than spray with cold water.

Your choice on the hevy duity spray, Or just use a good nozel.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by Clor@Aug 5 2003, 09:13 PM
I forgot with Rust
you can use wd40 but check with the player manufactor ;)
WD-40 if you roll in the rain, and EAGLE 1 chrome and-wire wheel cleaner, along with warn soap and water :cool:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by BLVD SWANGIN+Aug 5 2003, 06:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLVD SWANGIN @ Aug 5 2003, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stevie d@Aug 5 2003, 04:38 PM
are you crazy fool i roll players I have them on my 63 and i have had them on most of my low lows and the ones on my beaters sit out side and get rolled on EVERY day and guess what not a spec of rust i have had one set for 4 years and still nice the key is to keep them clean thats all . and use eagle one chrome and wire wheel cleaner You cant go wrong .. Theres a reason why mclean went out of biz the first time hhhmmmm

just tryin to help[/b][/quote]
im only tellin how i see it players used to be the wheels over here and 90% of them are rusty but i guess the winters over here are a bit harsher than yours in florida ,i roll mcleans n so far not a spec of rust anywhere n they sit out side rain or shine ,ive gotta orda a set of mcleans for a homeboy who has got a set of rusty players that are 7 months old ,maybe he didnt look after them rite or maybe they are just crap who knows

·
In Due Time!!!!
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANX FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d+Aug 6 2003, 06:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stevie d @ Aug 6 2003, 06:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -BLVD [email protected] 5 2003, 06:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--stevie d
@Aug 5 2003, 04:38 PM

just tryin to help
im only tellin how i see it players used to be the wheels over here and 90% of them are rusty but i guess the winters over here are a bit harsher than yours in florida ,i roll mcleans n so far not a spec of rust anywhere n they sit out side rain or shine ,ive gotta orda a set of mcleans for a homeboy who has got a set of rusty players that are 7 months old ,maybe he didnt look after them rite or maybe they are just crap who knows[/b][/quote]
I hear ya.. Are winters are only like 60's lol that laste about 3 days

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by BLVD SWANGIN+Aug 7 2003, 03:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLVD SWANGIN @ Aug 7 2003, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -stevie [email protected] 6 2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by -BLVD [email protected] 5 2003, 06:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--stevie d
@Aug 5 2003, 04:38 PM

just tryin to help

im only tellin how i see it players used to be the wheels over here and 90% of them are rusty but i guess the winters over here are a bit harsher than yours in florida ,i roll mcleans n so far not a spec of rust anywhere n they sit out side rain or shine ,ive gotta orda a set of mcleans for a homeboy who has got a set of rusty players that are 7 months old ,maybe he didnt look after them rite or maybe they are just crap who knows
I hear ya.. Are winters are only like 60's lol that laste about 3 days[/b][/quote]
tell me about it my womans from orlando n she keeps tellin me how hot it is over there ,hopefully we will be there soon :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts