LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this head unit about a year and a half ago. I am upgrading to a double din nav unit so I have this up for sale. It has always worked great. The HD Radio is cool. It has HD Radio, you dont need to buy anything else for it to work. I will also include the iPod wire that I bought ($25) which directly controls the iPod through the head unit and also allows for iTunes tagging. Also included in the remote. It is Satellite ready.

Price is $175 shipped anywhere in the continental US, PM me for shipping quote elsewhere.

Here are pics of my actual unit, it is in perfect condition.

Heres the overview:

Take advantage of free HD Radio™ broadcasts with Kenwood's KDC-HD942U CD receiver. Its built-in HD Radio tuner lets you enjoy the crystal-clear digital AM/FM broadcasts from participating stations — FM sounds almost like CD quality, and AM sounds like traditional FM. Plus, HD Radio stations can broadcast more than one channel on the same frequency, giving you more listening choices.
iPod® control and iTunes® tagging
Built-in iPod controls allow you to connect and control your iPod or iPhone™ from the receiver. No adapter's needed, but you should pick up Kenwood's optional iPod cable — it's designed for life in your car, so you can leave your original cable at home.
You can "tag" songs you hear on participating HD Radio broadcasts for purchasing later. With your iPod connected and an HD Radio station tuned in, you simply tag the song while it's playing, and a reminder is stored on your iPod. Then the next time you sync your iPod on your computer, a reminder pops up to buy your tagged songs from the iTunes store.
Plays all your music
Listen to your regular CDs, plus your MP3, WMA, and AAC files you've burned to disc or stored on a thumb drive. You'll see detailed song info on the 4-line display. A rear auxiliary input lets you add even more sources.
A premium digital-to-analog converter does all your tunes justice, and Kenwood's Supreme Setting feature enhances your digital files to make them sound more full-bodied, and closer to the sound quality of the original source. iPod EQ is a set of sound adjustments voiced specifically for iPods, separate from the 3-band parametric EQ used to tweak your overall sound. A digital crossover system and time alignment capability complete your sonic toolbox.
Build a system
Add a satellite radio tuner for entertainment and commercial-free music, or a Bluetooth adapter for making hands-free calls. Three sets of preamp outputs let you add amps and subs.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.

Details:
  • General features:
  • CD player with built-in MOSFET amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
  • plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and AAC music files
  • 4-line display with detachable face
  • built-in HD Radio tuner
  • remote control
  • Audio features:
  • System Q Sound Control (6 EQ curves and a 3-band parametric equalizer)
  • Supreme Setting function enhances music files
  • Digital E's crossover system and time alignment capability
  • subwoofer level controls
  • Expandability:
  • built-in iPod controls — no iPod adapter necessary, but adding Kenwood's optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
  • compatible with Kenwood Bluetooth adapter, satellite radio, CD changer
  • inputs: rear USB slot and auxiliary input
  • outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
  • Other features and specs:
  • compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts