·
Registered
16,520 Posts
get a new tumbler or get a locksmith

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ALow, but I bought the car like that. :( I don't know shit about cars, only wrestling. I'll look up and see how cheap a tumbler is and call around and see how cheap it would be to get it installed unless you can tell me if it's costly or not.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
what kind of car is it?

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by HacksawJimDuggan@Jul 27 2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks ALow, but I bought the car like that. :(  I don't know shit about cars, only wrestling.  I'll look up and see how cheap a tumbler is and call around and see how cheap it would be to get it installed unless you can tell me if it's costly or not.
[snapback]3494579[/snapback]​
u can have a lock smith come and make a gey out here its like 50-60 bucks they take a key and stick it in there fuck aorund to make the marks on it they need to see cut it and away u go try some tow yard auction too they usually have mobile dude that go make keys for the auction cars

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ask for your cars ignition cylinder(not the ignition switch)-ONLY THE CENTERPIECE.
Put another key in the keyhole to use for turning the middle part.Get a large paperclip and open it up,stick it in the tiny hole below the slot for the key and turn the key COUNTERCLOCKWISE to the 9 oclock position and it should come out.
Do the reverse to install your new cylinder-if it helps..... mark the positions of the tumbler with white out on the outside!!!

GOOD LUCK

MUSTANG SALLI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts