LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
kicker comp is the lowest on the totem pole I think, the VR are the next model up.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 22 2005, 09:10 PM~3868822
kicker comp is the lowest on the totem pole I think, the VR are the next model up.
KICKER COMP IS THE FREE AIR SPEAKERS

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 22 2005, 11:10 PM~3868822
DAMN SO THEM VRs STILL GOOD RIGHT? I WANT TO GET 4 12s 4 NOW TILL I GET MY SET UP IN DA TRUNK , WHAT OTHER TYPES OF KICKER BRAND THEY GOT

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Originally posted by 76 G-HOUSE@Sep 22 2005, 09:12 PM~3868842
OH ARE THEY ARE U SURE? DAMN DIDNT KNOW THAT THANKS , OH AND THAT 78 HARD HOMEBOY
I GOT 3 COMPS IN THAT 78 AND I BEEN USING KICKER FOR A LONG WHILE. IF YOU GOIN WITH A BOX YOU NEED TO USE THE VR'S. THANKS FOR THE PROPS HOMIE.

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by D-TOWN ROLLIN 78@Sep 22 2005, 11:24 PM~3868953
I GOT 3 COMPS IN THAT 78 AND I BEEN USING KICKER FOR A LONG WHILE. IF YOU GOIN WITH A BOX YOU NEED TO USE THE VR'S. THANKS FOR THE PROPS HOMIE.
ON THE VRs ARE THEY GOOD IN SEALED BOXES OR PORTED I REALLY WANT TO PORT THEM, BUT YEAH HOMIE I WAS GOING TO USE THE SAME PAINT LAYOUT ON MY GLASSHOUSE

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by 76 G-HOUSE@Sep 22 2005, 09:12 PM~3868842
OH ARE THEY ARE U SURE? DAMN DIDNT KNOW THAT THANKS , OH AND THAT 78 HARD HOMEBOY

they can be free air, but do not have to be.

Personally (I just sold 3 comp 12's brand new) they didnt get low enough, and I have been designing and builing enclosure for a few years...

the subs just arent made to handle that kind of low pressure.. if you want extended lower range, maybe try the vr's, I have had no experience with them.

-J

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
comp vrs
port them
enjoy

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 22 2005, 11:31 PM~3869006
they can be free air, but do not have to be.

Personally (I just sold 3 comp 12's brand new) they didnt get low enough, and I have been designing and builing enclosure for a few years...
the subs just arent made to handle that kind of low pressure.. if you want extended lower range, maybe try the vr's, I have had no experience with them.

-J
DAMN IM GLAD I DIDNT GET THEM COMPS :0

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
get the compVr's, they perform well in sealed and even better when ported...for the price, you cant loose with them...i've gotten alot of 1 ups for my single...its fun driving by and ppl thinking that clean ass mid, high, and bass combination is coming from the civic next to me, until the civic drives off and the bass is still shaking your shit as well as mine...

if i had a car, and i was going the compvr way, i would prolly work it out with 4 12"ers sealed...or 2 15's ported...

but i got a thing for single sub systems and 1 RE 18" would make me smile pretty big...

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by fleetwood mack@Sep 23 2005, 11:43 PM~3875272
kicker square L7 or solo x is the way to go
those must literally be the only subs you know of, in every post tonight you have recommended them with out giving a reason why, just "go with the solo x" and that it...

and i would recommend the L5 over the L7 being that the have the same components and prodce the same sound (difference is that the L7 can handle more then the L5), and if your hunting SQ, then i wouldnt recommend the solo -x being that it was crafted strictly for SPL

-qs

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 23 2005, 10:17 PM~3875134
get the compVr's, they perform well in sealed and even better when ported...for the price, you cant loose with them...i've gotten alot of 1 ups for my single...its fun driving by and ppl thinking that clean ass mid, high, and bass combination is coming from the civic next to me, until the civic drives off and the bass is still shaking your shit as well as mine...

if i had a car, and i was going the compvr way, i would prolly work it out with 4 12"ers sealed...or 2 15's ported...

but i got a thing for single sub systems and 1 RE 18" would make me smile pretty big...

-qs
thats what i was going to do 15s ported if that dont fit in da trunk im going 4 12s

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 23 2005, 09:10 PM~3875400
those must literally be the only subs you know of, in every post tonight you have recommended them with out giving a reason why, just "go with the solo x" and that it...

and i would recommend the L5 over the L7 being that the have the same components and prodce the same sound (difference is that the L7 can handle more then the L5), and if your hunting SQ, then i wouldnt recommend the solo -x being that it was crafted strictly for SPL

-qs
sorry but L7 is much better than L5. kicker has made it known that the L5 have problems. many complaints on the L5 blowing. For the price on square compared to W7 is the difference to me. I've owned nothing but L7 since they came out and never blown one. Had two 15L7 in my monte for like 3 years. I took them out to sell them and they looked like they just came out the box brand new. They are indestructable. I then bought the new style 15L7. And about sound quality your talking about solo x being built for spl. One square L7 12 has great sound quality have you been to a Iasca sound show lately many cars are running square hmmmm i wonder why

1 - 20 of 41 Posts