LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on using their arcrylic urethane sour apple green metallic over a silver base on my 64 vert.

Just looking for positives and negatives on there paints. Also, if anyone has a pic of this color on a car post it up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
there was another posting on this, I have bought the kit that smart shoppers sells but I was not satisfied with the clear it comes with.
everything else is bad ass. i even had left over clear..

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
the only thing i didn't like is the paint chips sorta easy......

and before anybody says it's because there is no hardner added to the base that's bullshit because i spray ppg omni alot and it doesn't chip as bad......

and when i say chip i mean right down to the primer and no it's not bad prep work either :cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
YEAH BUT DOESNT IT LOOK DULL TO YOU ? THAT CIVIC IS THE
ATOMIC ORANGE RIGHT? THAT COLOR SHOULD LOOK LIKE THE COLOR CHIP, BUT ONCE APPLIED WITH THEIR CLEAR IT LOOKS DULL FOR
SOME REASON. WHEN I CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT CLEAR IT COMES TO LIFE. I 'LL SHOOT SOME PANELS AND POST PICS SO YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

·
DODGING ROAD KILL
11,710 Posts
Originally posted by 83LINCOLN@Oct 31 2007, 03:08 PM~9124554
the green looks good man :thumbsup:
x2 :cool:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Originally posted by 83LINCOLN@Oct 30 2007, 11:34 AM~9114152
YEAH BUT DOESNT IT LOOK DULL TO YOU ? THAT CIVIC IS THE
ATOMIC ORANGE RIGHT? THAT COLOR SHOULD LOOK LIKE THE COLOR CHIP, BUT ONCE APPLIED WITH THEIR CLEAR IT LOOKS DULL FOR
SOME REASON. WHEN I CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT CLEAR IT COMES TO LIFE. I 'LL SHOOT SOME PANELS AND POST PICS SO YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE.
No. The Civic is a urethane paint, not the candy system.
That's why I didn't post it.
You're looking at a 3 stage paint system (candy) with that green,
My Civic is normal single stage urethane that I clearcoated.
It's Kirker "Bright Orange Metallic"
It does pop a little out in the sun, but no way is it a candy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
i sprayed my 92 caprice with kirker black, i have no problems except really bad solvent pop and thats my fault

1 - 13 of 13 Posts