Yellow=driver rear up
Brown= driver rear down
Yellow/white= passenger rear up
Green= passenger rear down

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We will get this made a sticky. Allot of people asking me for basic diagrams, if anybody has requests let me know we can add them to this 1 thread.

OOPS MODERATORS move this to AIR RIDE FORUM

THANKS

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
WOOO HOOO finally a diagram topic and PINNED!!! Will be putting in some of my own soon ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crank the fittings untill they are really tight, hard to explain the exact amount of pressure needed, different size fittings need different amount of torque.

a 1/8" fitting wont be as tight as a 3/4" fitting.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by PeX$i@May 7 2008, 01:27 AM~10596525
i wanna bag the front suspension of my lowrider trike...how do i go about gettingthe parts i need?
What u want to do is to get 1 Bimba 2/3 inch stroke mini cylinders. Hit up Ebay for one, search for Bimba air cylinders.
That cyllinder goes in place of the spring up front.

The set will only a paddle switch, the bike is light so a good 60/80 psi may even hop. Tank, I like the compact CO2 bottles for paint guns. The tricky part would be the tank adapter will have a diagram for u 2morrow.

Too much 2 rite on a blackberry

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by elitdogg@May 6 2008, 06:16 PM~10592514
may sound lame but to us noobs to this it will help. how far do you tighten the valves and fittings?? hand tight and quarter turn or what?
What I do is hand tighten the fitting as tight as I can, then tighten w/the wrench 2/3 more turns.

When you start hearing a noisy squeak you may be over doing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
everyone has air cylinders...i dont like how they look ..."its not my cup of tea"....i wanna get an air bag small enough to replace the spring....the length of the bag doesnt matter its just the dia. of the bag...if all fails ill fabricate a bag out off r/c tires....its just have to hope the 100-200 psi wont pop it...i have a small 9oz co2 tank but imma use 3500/68 compress air aluminun tank...im down to go with the solenoid valves...

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by PeX$i@May 8 2008, 12:57 AM~10605716
everyone has air cylinders...i dont like how they look ..."its not my cup of tea"....i wanna  get an air bag small enough to replace the spring....the length of the bag doesnt matter its just the dia. of the bag...if all fails ill fabricate a bag out off r/c tires....its just have to hope the 100-200 psi wont pop it...i have a small 9oz co2 tank but imma use 3500/68 compress air aluminun tank...im down to go with the solenoid valves...
True, but there isn't a small enough bag for the front, if u can fab a bag damn that be tight as hell. 200 psi is too much. Keep in mind u don't have an engine in that. There's 1/8" valves but don't go past 1/4" valves. Going higher on cetain parts would be unessessary.
U are also going to need a batt for noid valves. I've always been curious about those power wheel batts. It says 12v on it worth a try if u get ur hands on one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
then i guess keeping it under 100 psi would be best...battery isnt a problem cuz of the sound system...ill make the sleeve(air bag) fit betwwen the forks...im getting custom forks from wicked....thanxs for your help....you,re life saver...but i have a feeling that my bike isnt gonna be ready for the good times highland park show in june....again thanx

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by PeX$i@May 8 2008, 10:07 PM~10612760
then i guess keeping it under 100 psi would be best...battery isnt a problem cuz of the sound system...ill make the sleeve(air bag) fit betwwen the forks...im getting custom forks from wicked....thanxs for your help....you,re life saver...but i  have a feeling that my bike isnt gonna be ready for the good times highland park show in june....again thanx
If ur getting the prohopper ones ur on the rite track. Post up when start I'd like to see what u come up with.
HP show can wait. Take ur time an get it done right.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by PeX$i@May 9 2008, 08:43 PM~10620065
i have some pix of what i have done so far on my myspace if you wanna check it out.....im learning as i go...www.myspace.com/pepe_el_toro
set it to public.

1 - 20 of 515 Posts