LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

501 - 515 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So first time post - don't kill me if I get this wrong - but just looking at all these cups in the upper control arm of the suspension, do the cups just rest inside the cavity or do they have to be welded in like the bottom plate? I might be missing something - like maybe you can reach into where the cup goes with a long socket to bolt in the bag?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So first time post - don't kill me if I get this wrong - but just looking at all these cups in the upper control arm of the suspension, do the cups just rest inside the cavity or do they have to be welded in like the bottom plate? I might be missing something - like maybe you can reach into where the cup goes with a long socket to bolt in the bag?
On most coil spring cars, there is threaded rod, or a long bolt that holds it in using the factory shock upper bolt hole....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thank you for posting all the diagrams I just finished installing the bags in my 67 Impala, my question is about the relocating the front shocks. Where can I buy the brackets to relocate the front shocks and do they have to be welded?
Thanks.

Eddie

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Thank you for posting all the diagrams I just finished installing the bags in my 67 Impala, my question is about the relocating the front shocks. Where can I buy the brackets to relocate the front shocks and do they have to be welded?
Thanks.

Eddie
More often they are weld on. The weldable ones are made of 1/4 plate and last. Bolt on versions I have seen are susceptible to snapping between the bolt holes.
http://www.airassisted.ca/u2/front-shock-relocator-kit.html

·
La WaWa
202 Posts
Hey Pacman310......are the up valves on the bottom? Im trying to do f.b.s.s with eight valves. I also have 4 6 prong switches and want to wire them up but i'm not to sure on your diagram......can you please help?
Yes u r correct. My bad been a while since I've checked this site.

·
49,398 Posts
I need a plumbing diagram for a 2 tank, 2 compressor setup

·
SAIDOG" OLD SKL RYDES NZ
5 Posts
Thank you, finally someone has stated how the top cups bolt in : When you are experienced, it would be taken for granted that people know this. I was wondering how you get your hand in there... However if it is bolting to the rear shock hole you can access it from the boot by pulling out the carpet etc..

501 - 515 of 515 Posts