LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

41 - 60 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
really fast im a bit confused about the wire diagrams on page 1 they show different stuff which one should i follow. im not sure if it matters which one but just like i said i dont wanna fuck anything up.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Which diagrams in particular?
I apologize, I forget what your installing.

·
14,255 Posts
between the battery wire to the on of the pressure switch. That way you are able to control when the system initially turns on or not.

·
14,255 Posts
I'll see if I can find some pictures, it's not of a caddy but it's the same principle of what you need to do.

Keep in mind that some people say "CUT" when all your really doing is making clearance for the bag so that it won't blow up/get damaged.

What are you running up front? If it's 2600 bags, your going to have to cut some of the pocket, if it's a 2500 bag you will need to trim. Either processes will need you to run your finger 360 degrees around the bag with your finger, preferably your index. If your finger touches metal, keep at it till you don't feel anything.

Best thing to do if it's your first time, TAKE YOUR TIME on it. Start off little then grind. NOTE
You can take off A LOT, but it's hard to put it back if you have taken off too much.

·
Registered
376 Posts
sounds lame but what im doing is getting a rubberizer like spray rubber and after its grinded down just shooting a clear rubber coat around the edges just incase any lil shards or anything its anal i know but hmm why not lol

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 8FLEET9@May 27 2008, 09:21 PM~10749942
any actual pictures of how much of the front spring pocket gets removed when bagging a 80-92 caddy? the diagrams with the kit are fairly cheezy. thanks.
Here's a couple pictures of spring pockets. Notice that for the 2600, you will need to cut off a fair amount of the pocket in order for it to clear when deflated so as it is not to rub on anything metal.
For the 2500, you will see that the pocket is just trimmed from the bottom and maybe a little on the sides, but not as much.

Clearance when deflated

hope this helps.

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by 8FLEET9@May 30 2008, 06:52 AM~10769280
thank you. those are much better than line drawings.

my bad the last picture on the 2600 section is of an RE8.

·
Registered
376 Posts
really fast do you got any pics on what to remove in the front suspension of a gbody bitch of a time cause im hearing you need sways gone for side to side? and i cant really see the pic on how offset the rear cups are thanks again guys your like i said nothing but good guys

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by elitdogg@Jun 5 2008, 11:08 AM~10804774
really fast do you got any pics on what to remove in the front suspension of a gbody bitch of a time cause im hearing you need sways gone for side to side? and i cant really see the pic on how offset the rear cups are thanks again guys your like i said nothing but good guys
You take out the shocks and spings. The sway has 4 connections, 2 on the frame and 1 on each lower control arm.
Sorry no pictures at the moment. Yes sir, you will need to. Offsetting is basically making your brackets work with your bag to give the bag a more linear motion between the two fixed points.

·
Registered
376 Posts
last but not least what kind of welds should be used? i got a welder all set up and he is asking me what kinda welds. sorry like i said im really new to this

·
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by elitdogg@Jun 5 2008, 05:19 PM~10807569
last but not least what kind of welds should be used? i got a welder all set up and he is asking me what kinda welds. sorry like i said im really new to this
Solid welds that won't break. Make sure the weld areas look like a roll of coins pushed over.

41 - 60 of 515 Posts