LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you get a knock off off when it's rusted on the adapter cause i forgot to put anti seize grease on? i tried to take it off and it broke my hex tool. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i take it uve got a hex spinner the best bet is to geta big pipe wrench and a extension bar ,u may mess the spinner up ,oh and you are undoing them the right way arnt ya

·
Registered
725 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 8 2003, 03:18 PM
get a big pipe wrench and a extension bar
it will work but god damn its a bitch to get a rim off once its stuck! :angry: my cousin got his driver front knock off stuck after he blew a tire from doing a rollin three and we all gave up on takin it off for two days :(

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 8 2003, 03:18 PM
i take it uve got a hex spinner the best bet is to geta big pipe wrench and a extension bar ,u may mess the spinner up ,oh and you are undoing them the right way arnt ya
and quit jackin off so you can be stronger :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by Top_Dog_Calistyle+Dec 9 2003, 05:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Top_Dog_Calistyle @ Dec 9 2003, 05:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stevie d@Dec 8 2003, 03:18 PM
and quit jackin off so you can be stronger :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by homeboyz@Dec 8 2003, 10:30 PM
blow troch....heat them puppys
will this work without ruining my rims? i don't care about the knock off's getting fucked up i just don't wanna get my rims messed up.

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$ider+Dec 9 2003, 05:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ($outh$ider @ Dec 9 2003, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--homeboyz@Dec 8 2003, 10:30 PM
blow troch....heat them puppys
will this work without ruining my rims? i don't care about the knock off's getting fucked up i just don't wanna get my rims messed up.[/b][/quote]
it got to be a better way

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by SiK RyDa@Dec 9 2003, 12:05 PM
soke it down with WD40, they will break off with no problem.
how am i gonna get wd40 in it when the adapter is rusted and it's covered by the knock off?

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if for some reason i get it off will i have to buy new adpaters? or will my old ones still work?

·
Registered
54 Posts
This happened to me, so i would say use the pipe wrench and extension bar. You will probably need a new adapter because when you get it off most likely the threads will be done.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
YOUR FUCKED

My boy had the same problem w/ his domes,We cut the tip off so we could get wd40 in there didn't work,we heated it up until it was red didn't work.Put a breaker bar on it while hittin' it w/ a 20 lb hammer...still didn't work.

He finaly brought it to a shop and they some how got it off...

Maybe try that

Good luck man :uh:

·
Registered
401 Posts
since your not worried about the adapter weld an old 3/4 drive socket onto the knockoff very good then use a breaker bar to get it off or weld a 4 way lug wrench to it then you can stand on it to get more leverage. something along those lines might help you. all you have to do is get it to move a half inch to break loose then you can take it off like you normally would. you can get in there and weld to the adapter without ruining your rim a lot easier than you could heat it up with a torch

·
Registered
214 Posts
Originally posted by Lowridlngmike@Dec 9 2003, 02:45 PM
since your not worried about the adapter weld an old 3/4 drive socket onto the knockoff very good then use a breaker bar to get it off or weld a 4 way lug wrench to it then you can stand on it to get more leverage. something along those lines might help you. all you have to do is get it to move a half inch to break loose then you can take it off like you normally would. you can get in there and weld to the adapter without ruining your rim a lot easier than you could heat it up with a torch
:0

·
Registered
401 Posts
Originally posted by timdog57@Dec 9 2003, 02:54 PM
Using the wrong log in again?! :uh: :biggrin:
hell yeah, my account got automatically logged out and its saying my password is wrong and wont let me log in. i went through the process 3 different times for it to send me my password but it hasnt came yet and its been 4 days. ive emailed [email protected], tried to pm gary but his pm box is full. i dont know what the fuck to do. I want my account back :angry: Im gonna change this accounts signature and shit right now so people know its me. i think cheeks thinks im really lowridingmike :biggrin:

*** impalapartz***

·
Registered
214 Posts
Originally posted by Lowridlngmike+Dec 9 2003, 03:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lowridlngmike @ Dec 9 2003, 03:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--timdog57@Dec 9 2003, 02:54 PM
Using the wrong log in again?! :uh:  :biggrin:
hell yeah, my account got automatically logged out and its saying my password is wrong and wont let me log in. i went through the process 3 different times for it to send me my password but it hasnt came yet and its been 4 days. ive emailed [email protected], tried to pm gary but his pm box is full. i dont know what the fuck to do. I want my account back :angry: Im gonna change this accounts signature and shit right now so people know its me. i think cheeks thinks im really lowridingmike :biggrin:

*** impalapartz***[/b][/quote]
so is this james

·
Registered
401 Posts
Originally posted by cheeks78+Dec 9 2003, 03:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cheeks78 @ Dec 9 2003, 03:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 9 2003, 03:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--timdog57
@Dec 9 2003, 02:54 PM
Using the wrong log in again?! :uh:  :biggrin:

*** impalapartz***
so is this james[/b][/quote]
UM YEAH

1 - 20 of 33 Posts