LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the diference between K/Os and B/Os? Other then how they're put on a car. Is one better for hopping and the other for cruising? Or is it just the looks thats different?

Please answer with reasons why and not just which one you personally like better. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,097 Posts
The main reason is aesthetic so all you're gonna get is people's preferences. They both have to be approved by the DOT to be able to handle certain vehicle gross weight so I don't think either is better than the other. It's just that most people prefer knock-offs because they look better. ...you lose that big ass lug nut cover. ...you can see more spoke. ...knock-offs are a cleaner , less congested looking wheel set-up. ...etc, etc.

And, hell yeah, I definitely prefer knock-offs. I don't even think I could put any other type of wheel on ANY car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
JUST LIKE BOUNCIN MERC SAID, IT'S A PREFRENCE. I LIKE MY BOLT-ON'S BETTER THAN MY KO'S...ON MY 85 LINCOLN. HERE IS A PIC OF BOTH. YOU BE THE JUDGE....


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
OOPS!!!



Last edited by stankin85 at Aug 21 2003, 05:24 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
YEA, I'VE BEEN TRYIN TO SELL EM' ON HERE FOR ABOUT A MONTH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
shit i don't want knock offs on my caddy.................one day ijumped in my friends eplorer and webacked out of the drivewaya nd all the spinnersw ere loose, he was allways tightenin em i pro will put bolt ons on my ride less maintanence more cruising
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by shredder130@Aug 21 2003, 11:11 PM
shit i don't want knock offs on my caddy.................one day ijumped in my friends eplorer and webacked out of the drivewaya nd all the spinnersw ere loose, he was allways tightenin em i pro will put bolt ons on my ride less maintanence more cruising
Then your friend had them on wrong. And if you plan on putting them on like him, then, YES, you probably SHOULD get bolt-ons.

(Keep in mind, Indy cars roll knock-offs for 500 miles at over 200 mph without a problem.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Aug 22 2003, 05:17 AM
(Keep in mind, Indy cars roll knock-offs for 500 miles at over 200 mph without a problem.)
^ That convinced me! If Indy racers can do that, then it's knock-offs for me. Thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Super Star+Aug 22 2003, 10:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Super Star @ Aug 22 2003, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Aug 22 2003, 05:17 AM
(Keep in mind, Indy cars roll knock-offs for 500 miles at over 200 mph without a problem.)
^ That convinced me! If Indy racers can do that, then it's knock-offs for me. Thanks for the help[/b][/quote]
Just keep this in mind and you'll have no problem...

SPINNERS ALWAYS TIGHTEN TO THE REAR.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Aug 21 2003, 03:08 PM
JUST LIKE BOUNCIN MERC SAID, IT'S A PREFRENCE. I LIKE MY BOLT-ON'S BETTER THAN MY KO'S...ON MY 85 LINCOLN. HERE IS A PIC OF BOTH. YOU BE THE JUDGE....


you have a pm
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top