LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I'm very very new to the hydraulics ordeal. I've been into minitrucks for a year or so now. I don't yet have one, and I won't for another year or so because I'm still studying full time. But I want to get all knowledged up (if that's even a word) before I jump head first into it.

When I get my minitruck (I want a 1989 Holden/Isuzu Rodeo Spacecab), I want to put it on juice. There aren't many trucks on hydro's here in Australia.

I'd really like to throw some phat 3 wheels, but I've been curious, as there isn't much weight in the back of a minitruck. Am I going to have to specifically weighten the back corner? Or will the batteries be enough (albeit I'll use alot of batteries no doubt).

Also, I was reading through the tech section and came accross 'chain bridges'. Are chain bridges possible in minitrucks? Would that help me 3 wheel, if there's not enough weight in the back?

Thanks alot for your help. As I said, I barely know anything yet.

- JEZ

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
:cool: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by air280@Aug 3 2005, 10:44 PM
dont take this wrong but you dont want to start going hydro without a bit of $ behind you............. having a good book to back you up will be a cheap option over paying someone who does know to install it or doing it yourself and cocking up
[snapback]3532636[/snapback]​

Yeah, I know. I'm not going to get my truck for at LEAST another year. So I'm just doing as much research between now and then as I can :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts