LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys in the next few weeks the crx will be done the bulk of it is done just waiting on brother to buy body kit. Im going with a Shimrin kandy brandywine with red flakes. Im really putting some though in on using some of that glow in the dark "Kosmic glow" paint. Im woundering if yall have seen the kosmic glow used as a base coat for the hok brandywine? Im wanting to know if in the dark would the car it still glow in the dark? And have yall seen a light coat applied over the kandy? Does it still show the candy? Any suggestions or comments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i also got a question about this paint,i wanted to "kosmic glow" a frame and undercarriage parts would this paint be ok t o use with this..maybe someone will answer are 2 questions dont wanna mess up ur post

·
Registered
10 Posts
wuzjammin..?
naw the glow stuff wouldnt work under a candy very good. because it has to soak up the light in order to glow but the brandywine would just block out too much light. and besides, the glow in the dark stuff is quite bright and it would make the candy look weird (not much depth). and i also wouldnt put it over the candy either cuz it will turn out all foggy. after all the glow in the dark is a powder and will just ruin the candy effect. and if you want your paintjob to last... glow in the dark is not the way to go, it will fade big time. if you really want something to glow, it might look good to just outline your patterns or fades with like a 1/8" stripe of glow stuff. ive painted that before and it looks damn nice...
hope i helped

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh yeah and same goes for you clownin... it wouldnt really work because you dont get much light down there so it cant soak it up in order to glow. might work a little bit but i think you would be disapointed.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by novanutz@Dec 4 2003, 11:16 AM
oh yeah and same goes for you clownin... it wouldnt really work because you dont get much light down there so it cant soak it up in order to glow. might work a little bit but i think you would be disapointed.
i was thinking about putting black lights under the car and making it light it up..ive always wanted to see this paint up close just havent seen it before

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by /\Chris/\@Dec 4 2003, 10:41 AM
Hey guys in the next few weeks the crx will be done the bulk of it is done just waiting on brother to buy body kit. Im going with a Shimrin kandy brandywine with red flakes. Im really putting some though in on using some of that glow in the dark "Kosmic glow" paint. Im woundering if yall have seen the kosmic glow used as a base coat for the hok brandywine? Im wanting to know if in the dark would the car it still glow in the dark? And have yall seen a light coat applied over the kandy? Does it still show the candy? Any suggestions or comments
i wanna see pics. of this when you get it painted GOOD PICS...........this is what i am going ot shoot the storma s soon as the weather gets better :uh:

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
ya, if you get a year out of it then your doing good. If fades fairly fast. I know a guy who has his engine compartment painted with it.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
You could use some of the HOK neon paint. It would give the "brightness" that you are wanting and it does not need the same light as the kosmic glow. Just an idea. Wait a minute.....hmmmmm. :cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts