LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can purchase the special red plastic, if its even possible, so I can make my own tailights. Just a flat sheet would work. Anybody have any ideas. Oh yea, and since its not a show car,they have to be legal !!

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
Good luck they have to be reflective too. I thought maybe you can take some clear plastic and paint it with a kandy red but you still do not have the reflectiveness that makes it legal.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by 61 Impala on 3@Sep 15 2005, 09:39 AM~3820153
Good luck they have to be reflective too. I thought maybe you can take some clear plastic and paint it with a kandy red but you still do not have the reflectiveness that makes it legal.
I'm thinking just the lenses for mine, i want to leave the assemblies minus the lenses, and put just red tinted plastic with led bulbs.....................

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kool !! Sounds like a plan !! What I am planning, is slit tailights for a 67 vette ! I wish the hell (WHOOPS) - HECK !, iT WAS MINE ! Im thinking maybe 67 firebird, or better yet 1960s Pontiac Gran Prix, wich were nice wider slits, if you can still find them !

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by scrape-it@Sep 17 2005, 04:08 PM~3834135
I'm thinking just the lenses for mine, i want to leave the assemblies minus the lenses, and put just red tinted plastic with led bulbs.....................
Whoops i forgot to add, i am using an el camino bumper and i filled in the stock regal taillights...................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts