LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost one of my original fittings (gold color) that came with my set up. I found one at a shop (Silver color) but the inner whole is a little smaller will this cause an issue on my set up? It fits in perfect to the hose and the cylinder.

Hose Coaxial cable Metal

Metal Pipe

Will i need to find the exact one?

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
THE ZINC CHROMATE PLATING IS BEING PHASED OUT IN THE FITTING INDUSTRY, THE ONLY WAY TO FIND A "GOLD" COLORED FITTING WILL BE TO FIND SOMEONE WITH OLDER STOCK, BUT THATS A VERY COMMON FITTING AND MOST SUPPLIERS RAN OUT OF THEM A FEW YEARS BACK.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:eek: didn't know that..... that's good to know. I would have thought that they where still out there by big amounts...

True that!... thanks! :thumbsup: I will see if they have the same one if not i will just buy one more silver.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Btw thats a 90° or elbow fitting. For future reference :thumbsup:
if you walk into a hydraulic supply house and ask for an "L" fitting, chances are you will be charged the highest retail price they have. because they know you already dont know the "lingo" and chances are you wont complain about the price.

ask for a 90 degree elbow (asking for an elbow can be a 45 or 90).

judging by the pics, looks like you need 3/8" pipe to #6 JIC 90 degree elbow.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wannabelowrider
Baller Poster
Join Date Mar 2008
Location ~7 ONE 9~
Car Club Solo
Posts 1,911

Btw thats a 90° or elbow fitting. For future reference [h=2]:thumbsup:
[/INDENT]

:cool:thanks.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you walk into a hydraulic supply house and ask for an "L" fitting, chances are you will be charged the highest retail price they have. because they know you already dont know the "lingo" and chances are you wont complain about the price.

ask for a 90 degree elbow (asking for an elbow can be a 45 or 90).

judging by the pics, looks like you need 3/8" pipe to #6 JIC 90 degree elbow.
Got it :biggrin:.... Thanks!.

And you are correct, that is the size I needed.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the other silver one. They didn't have the same size as the gold one. I will put the silver ones on the rear cylinders since they have a smaller hole.

Pipe Valve Metal

Screw Fastener Nut Metal Pipe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.