LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today my driver seat in my lac decided it wanted to stop working....problem is the motor still spins but nothing moves....any ideas how i go bout fixing this?

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Did u try and move the seat without u in it?? i would think the gears r stripped i it try and moved it with u not in and pushing it with ur hand too to see if the gear will catch good luck Tony

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wasn't sitting on it when it happend.it was working all fine then all of a sudden it just stopped......could something have popped off?

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Oct 2 2003, 09:00 PM
i wasn't sitting on it when it happend.it was working all fine then all of a sudden it just stopped......could something have popped off?
I think it may be the gear stripped this is a common problem in these seats as people moved them alot for different drivers uou may try and see if one of the cable came off but i think it is most likely a gear set up rather than cable good luck lets us know what u find

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
Hey Chris I have an extra, I can make it part of our deal for free, I would imagine its the same motor from seville to deville? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 1980seville@Oct 3 2003, 07:52 AM
Hey Chris I have an extra, I can make it part of our deal for free, I would imagine its the same motor from seville to deville? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave:
should be....i'll talk to ya bout it on msn later if your on.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY@Oct 2 2003, 08:56 PM
Did u try and move the seat without u in it?? i would think the gears r stripped i it try and moved it with u not in and pushing it with ur hand too to see if the gear will catch good luck Tony
thats kinda what i told you to do good to see u got it going

1 - 8 of 8 Posts