LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn my headlights on nothing lights up in the rear .If I press the breaks it will light up then but as soon as I release, no lights. Does anyone have any ideas of whatcould be wrong , I already checked the fuses. Thanks

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
check the wiring, turn the lights on and pull out a rear parking light bulb and check for voltage using a test light... then start tracing wires :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
check the fuse. altho i'm not sure that they would like up on brakes if the fuse is blown...but its worth checking. do you have a diagram for it? find out the fuse box config and seee if they are connected to the same fuse.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
check the wiring harness under the rear deck or all the connections for wire in the trunk, Ive seen them come loose and cause this exact prob. also replace the bulbs

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Does your dash lights still work? They rae usually on the same fuse as the tail lights. If the fuse isn't blown then get a voltmeter and check to see if your getting power. If so then check the ground wire for the tail lights. I had a similar problem in my old car and it ended up being a bad ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts