LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use ladder bars to replace leaf springs? I am only going for 10" cylinders on the rear. I have a 77 Cadillac Seville, with front sub frame and rear leaf. I already know I need a sub frame connector but I need to know what the easy way to eliminate the leafs will be. I heard ladder bars, but I thought you needed to keep the leafs with ladder bars. I want some help; I do not need to hear that I need to get another car or any other crap like that. I have had this car sense I was 18 years old. The car will be juiced. I have a Fleetwood with juice that I drive everyday. This car will be more of a once in a blue moon type of car.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by eerazo@Feb 22 2010, 12:48 PM~16687676
Can I use ladder bars to replace leaf springs? I am only going for 10" cylinders on the rear. I have a 77 Cadillac Seville, with front sub frame and rear leaf. I already know I need a sub frame connector but I need to know what the easy way to eliminate the leafs will be. I heard ladder bars, but I thought you needed to keep the leafs with ladder bars. I want some help; I do not need to hear that I need to get another car or any other crap like that. I have had this car sense I was 18 years old. The car will be juiced. I have a Fleetwood with juice that I drive everyday. This car will be more of a once in a blue moon type of car.
Thanks for your help!
are those front or rear wheel drive-i know caddy had some whacky shit in the 70s lol :dunno:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
yeah, you can, but unless your top bars intersect the lower at a decent angle, you'll need a panhard, whats link, wishbone,etc to keep the rear end tracking (no sway)

at that point it makes more sense to do a normal 4 link

·
Registered
246 Posts
No, don't put ladder bars, if it already has leafsprings, what you wanna do is a truckarm set up with a panhard bar. It's the simplist and easiest set up of all time. Truck arm is the style suspension that mid 60's-mid 70's half ton gm trucks came with. It bolts to your rearend like a leaf set up, and you don't need a up 3rd member link, because it sits flat on the arm at the spring perch. You just have to make sure you have a slip shaft...

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by rivi666@Feb 22 2010, 01:58 PM~16688228
No, don't put ladder bars, if it already has leafsprings, what you wanna do is a truckarm set up with a panhard bar. It's the simplist and easiest set up of all time. Truck arm is the style suspension that mid 60's-mid 70's half ton gm trucks came with. It bolts to your rearend like a leaf set up, and you don't need a up 3rd member link, because it sits flat on the arm at the spring perch. You just have to make sure you have a slip shaft...
67-72 to be exact :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by rivi666@Feb 22 2010, 10:58 AM~16688228
Thanks for the info! I do need to know where I can buy a kit. I know the 77 nova and the 77 seville share the same rear suspenssion. If any one knows were I can buy a kit for a 77 nova, I would be thankful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts