LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the universal kits and noticed that they werent realy all that universal and where over priced for the amount of work that have to go in to get em to work righte....

I was told that guys have bien doin em for years on lowrider show cars just not exactly the same as the kits ..

any one know how or know a place with less expensive kits? I've never done anything this extreme as far as body work but I have a car I only have $200 invested in so far and I wanna try it out .....it I fuck up too bad I'lll just snatch the engine out and sell te body to a salvage yard...

also the tail gait on my wagon hinges sideways like a door any one every seen one open vertical?

also a guy told me he could lambo the front and do a suicide lambo on the back doors but didnt have an example to show me.........anyone believe this shit?

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
anything can be done...........

suicide doors are easier than lambo doors i have played around trying to make my own hinges for lambos and the hardest thing you will find is the ability to adjust the damn doors with them........

as far as the tailgate opening sideways........i believe it was an 83 chevy impala wagon that had this as an option it would open up sideways from the outside and vertical from the inside

good luck

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my doors are already filled with shims like waaaay more than should be thier but thier is also a pretty bad full paint job on the car so i think that has somthing to do with it....the paint all thin and see threw in spots like they missed spots or ran outa paint.....

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also how did you go about making the hinges?

and I wasnt talbing about regular suicidedoors but he say that my back doors open vertical also but be hinge twards the rear of the car..

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Yes I remember seen this in a jap car tv show.........They had an acura sedan with both the front and rear doors lamboed and the rear suicide.

I'm sure you can engineer something up, but you won't be able to escape from cutting into the rear querter panel

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^^^^^
I have almost an inche of shims in all 4 of my doors anyway.........

any way you could send me a copy?

or scan it and upload it?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Jul 21 2005, 11:37 PM
Yes I remember seen this in a jap car tv show.........They had an acura sedan with both the front and rear doors lamboed and the rear suicide.

I'm sure you can engineer something up, but you won't be able to escape from cutting into the rear querter panel
[snapback]3454793[/snapback]​

hmm so it is possible? I'ma check take a look at the rear and see what the damage would be to do somthing like this....

this isnt gonna anything close to a show car just somthing I can hit the higheway in and draw a little atention in so hell I I would like to keep the rear in tac and the door gaps straighte but as long as i can get smoot and safe operation I'd be cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts