LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that had had lettering done to the rear-end axle where the reinforcement plating is... Where did you get it done? How much did it cost? I'm getting ready to have my rear axle on my 66 impala done, and am looking for contacts. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I would recommend Silver Star Customs for the laser cutting lettering!! They do AWESOME work and not bad pricing. silverstarcustoms.com they`re out of northern Mississippi, near Memphis, TN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Originally posted by dfdubb@Jul 26 2005, 04:59 PM
Anyone that had had lettering done to the rear-end axle where the reinforcement plating is... Where did you get it done? How much did it cost? I'm getting ready to have my rear axle on my 66 impala done, and am looking for contacts.  :cool:
[snapback]3485428[/snapback]​
What is lettering ? im from nz and we might call it sum thing different. The reason i ask is cause my 64 has a habit of snapn axcells iv snaped 3 so far and 2 have been while driving dwn the motorway is there way of getn around this problem without havn to change to a 9 inch or different diff ?
:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,716 Posts
is it the housing or the shafts giving you problems? if its the housing, you need to reinforce it. if its the shafts call up moser engineering or strange and have them build you a set of axles. they build race axles so theyll be strong enough for what youre going to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Originally posted by Swingin80Lincoln@Jul 26 2005, 05:30 PM
is it the housing or the shafts giving you problems? if its the housing, you need to reinforce it. if its the shafts call up moser engineering or strange and have them build you a set of axles. they build race axles so theyll be strong enough for what youre going to do.
[snapback]3485663[/snapback]​
THE AXCELLS ARE SNAPN CLEAN IN HALF SO ITS THE SHAFTS IM FROM NEW ZEALAND BUT IM SURE THERES A SHOP THAT WOULD BE ABLE TO BUILD ME SUM AXCELLS OVER HERE WOULD THEY HAVE TO MAKE THEM OUT OF ANOTHER METAL TO MAKE THEM STRONGER ? IS THAT WAS MOSER ENGINEERING DOES ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by ExplicitDesignz@Jul 26 2005, 07:05 PM
I would recommend Silver Star Customs for the laser cutting lettering!! They do AWESOME work and not bad pricing.  silverstarcustoms.com  they`re out of northern Mississippi, near Memphis, TN.
[snapback]3485478[/snapback]​
That shop is like 5 minutes from me, i keep hearing about it (i just moved here less than a year ago) ill have to stop by and check it out sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
Silverstar? Yea Clyde is a cool ass dude, and he knows his shit. They`re more to the bagged and bodydropped kinda thing. But they do some sick ass work! One of my favorite shops
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,562 Posts
[attachmentid=225444] :biggrin: holy moly
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,515 Posts
Originally posted by dfdubb@Jul 27 2005, 02:29 AM
^^That's exactly what Im talkin about... how much did he get you for that? Where is he located?
[snapback]3488239[/snapback]​
I dunno what he is charging these days. I will tell him about this post and have him respond to ya.

Rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,710 Posts
:uh: So you one of those New Movement mutha fuckers huh? That explains it......




























j/k kinding Homie. You guys usually have some quality rides comin' outta FL. I usually keep an eye out for you guys at the southern shows like Slammin' & Jammin @ Lebanon & NOPI. :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top