LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing Latin Active, I didn't know what to do with it. I didn't want to redo it other then restore it but because of tight time and financial resources, I had to put it aside. Last night I walked into my garage, and realized I was sick of seeing it in that (no offense to whoever painted it) blue/black paint scheme. I walked out, grabbed my keys, headed to Auto-Zone, and bought lots of 220 sandpaper. Five hours later (about 1:30am) I got this much done. Once all the blue/black paint is off, I'm going to start hitting it with 1000-12,000 grit emery cloth and clear it. Maybe even touch up where the previous painted sanded through the original paint. Fortunately, when it was repainted cheap or no primer was used. Except where some minor bodywork was done. I'm thinking of taking it to the Torres Empire show just for exhibition. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Save the paint job... Just touch it up & re clear it...

·
"FLEET" GT SINCE '08
2,490 Posts
That looks great!!! I bet it has a thick coat a clear still maybe just buffing it

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Nice! First smartest move no offence was buying latin active second putting back to its original glory! Big props on keeping original.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Gaby: let us know if you still find the magazine article underneath that would be awesome if it's still there

·
Registered
162 Posts
After purchasing Latin Active, I didn't know what to do with it. I didn't want to redo it other then restore it but because of tight time and financial resources, I had to put it aside. Last night I walked into my garage, and realized I was sick of seeing it in that (no offense to whoever painted it) blue/black paint scheme. I walked out, grabbed my keys, headed to Auto-Zone, and bought lots of 220 sandpaper. Five hours later (about 1:30am) I got this much done. Once all the blue/black paint is off, I'm going to start hitting it with 1000-12,000 grit emery cloth and clear it. Maybe even touch up where the previous paintedsanded through the original paint. Fortunately, when it was repainted cheap or no primer was used. Except where some minor bodywork was done. I'm thinking of taking it to the Torres Empire show just for exhibition. We'll see.

i saw it on craigslist for $400 good price for a piece of lowrider bike history

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Maybe it will make the history line up

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Because the bike is so heavy and wide, I have to take down the garage door. My friend is on his way over so we can do that and sand the bottom part. I hope to have that part exposed today. I was at Mario's Auto Works this morning and Greg still has some of the original flake. I have access to house of color paints. Im going to mix some up and blend the bad areas. I think this has turned into a full restoration now.
Greg and Mario Jr showed my some photos of the bike from the early 80s.

·
Rolling So Low
7,095 Posts
Very nice, keep us posted, will love to see this trike back to it's o.g look.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got more work done today. The bike's ass is so wide I have to remove the garage door to get it outside. It looks like the previous owners hit the bottom with palm sander. The scratch marks are deep and ate through some of the paint.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
the best buy any buy could have ...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts