LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to search, but it wont let me search for "lay frame" as "lay" is a three letter word. and im a noob so i gotta wait five min between searches?
anyways, what im askin is what are the fundamental basics to get the front and back of your car (g body in this case) to have a low stance? as in low enough in the back for spark blocks, and low enough in the front for a pretty parking stance.

note: i have yet to cut the front springs down, im going to do 4 turns.
is it basically the same for the back?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 pumps 2 showtimes to the back 2 to the front .....dumps: 2 deltas to the back and a showtime millenium to the front. 8's and 12's xtreme for the cylinders..... ( i put those in, it had showtime comps) 10 switches.

and i should say that i dont literaly mean "lay frame" i dont wan go that far... but damnnnnnnnnnnn close to it. so i can still get her home if something breaks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn i look like a post whore im sure...

anyways, I bought it like this, and im in the process of cleanin her up as i get the cash for each thing one by one. the two front pumps are reds btw. Ive been needing a project for a while and i jumped right into this one, sold my truck and bought this. so its my bitch, and my daily.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
hey homie, take off the body bumbers on all 4 corners then cut some more coil, start with half a wrap at a time what size rims and tires you got?? if you dont have these i would suggest it,,, 13x7 w/ 155 80

this should put your crossmember on the ground.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by 53trokita@Aug 19 2006, 09:54 PM~6003054
Those batteys are just like mine I was wondering how long have they lasted for you. And do they still charge up all the way
big up to the okc mayn. im from tulsa myself the 918 livin in seattle and about to move back.

as for the batterys, they are doin good. i just got the car, and dude charged em all before I got it, I havent had to yet ( its only been a week) so i dunno. I just bought a 1072 when i bought the car so we'll see.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by ANUTHASICCFOE@Aug 19 2006, 09:53 PM~6003047
hey homie, take off the body bumbers on all 4 corners then cut some more coil, start with half a wrap at a time what size rims and tires  you got?? if you dont have these i would suggest it,,, 13x7 w/ 155 80

this should put your crossmember on the ground.
sittin on 13/7 w kelley 185-70-13

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by 53trokita@Aug 19 2006, 10:03 PM~6003106
Where did you get your charger from and how much. Yeah im the same way just bought my car and looking to get it right http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=252790
right on, i was checkin out that ride but literaly i wanted a project. im on the body work right now and reading as much as i can about the setup and working it to the way i want it , and try to lay it out a little different and fit a 12" sub in the trunk. then im gonna try and do my own interior.

the battery charger i got here.

http://www.batteryservice.com/products_fin...lNumber=SE-1072

heres the ride.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
deep cups for the front if your wanting to lay it nice and low.....you can get some more turns out of your coils that way and keep a decent ride

the back is just cut until its low enough for you

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Aug 19 2006, 11:41 PM~6003525
deep cups for the front if your wanting to lay it nice and low.....you can get some more turns out of your coils that way and keep a decent ride

the back is just cut until its low enough for you
right on... thats the answer im looking for. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
yeah its just cut and check kinda. no one really even cares anymore, they just slap the coils in the first time and let it sit where it sits.

I'd check for deep cups, like he said, check the bump stops that might need to be cut/removed, and just cut half a turn at a time, unless you got a long way to go. I'd stay away from drop sindles,etc

·
Registered
861 Posts
or for the rear if you want just run puro cylinder and some accumulators like they do on the "euros" It will take some time to figure the right pressure but once you do it will ride better then stock.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts