LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen it done before, how do I lay the front end out on a 20 on a 91 s10? I got 20s, I got spindles, I removed my heater, cut the hell out of my firewall, notched the front frame for the control arms and its still about 1-2 inches from laying frame in the front. It lays 18s with ease, how can I lay this mofo out for 20s?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Nov 9 2003, 09:46 AM
body drop
wtf, how could a bodydrop help it lay frame. :twak:

:cheesy:

Your balljoints are binding. Badly. You either need to pie section your uppers to correct the balljoint or get some Air Ride Technologoes control arms.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I don't understand how larger wheels would cause a problem. I was looking into getting 20 inch wheels for my car and found that by using 30 or 35 profile tyres (of the appropriate section) they were only about 9mm larger in diameter than my standard 14 inch wheels with 225/70 tyres.

·
Registered
104 Posts
because anything larger then a 24.5" overall diameter tire on an s10 and the balljoints bind to the point that it holds the vehicle up off the ground at full drop.

Last edited by Navi at Nov 9 2003, 06:52 PM

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
HAHAH i was thinking he just wanted to sit on the ground my bad...hahah

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by Navi@Nov 9 2003, 06:48 PM
because anything larger then a 24.5" overall diameter tire on an s10 and the balljoints bind to the point that it holds the vehicle up off the ground at full drop.
:0 :uh:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Navi+Nov 9 2003, 05:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Navi @ Nov 9 2003, 05:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--shorty 2low@Nov 9 2003, 09:46 AM
body drop
wtf, how could a bodydrop help it lay frame. :twak:

:cheesy:

Your balljoints are binding. Badly. You either need to pie section your uppers to correct the balljoint or get some Air Ride Technologoes control arms.[/b][/quote]
ok, can you or anyone explain to me how to "pie cut" my control arms?LoL I cant afford to buy the bolt on control arms, plus fabricating is more rewarding in the end! Anyways, I need this info badly.

Thanks for all the replies!

Last edited by dropordie at Nov 9 2003, 10:28 PM

P

·
0 Posts
You are all gay, put thirteen inch wires on that bitch then you can be cool bouncing on the street all the way to Taco bell. why are you trying to make an s10 on 20s...thats fuckin retarded then you cant hop that shit..you are a fuckin looser kill yourself now.

W

·
0 Posts
hell yeah taco bell is the shit phat you gonna pick me up in the 64 so we can get some nachos bags are for fags i want some juice

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The ones i did . i cut them right behind da ball joint and angles them 15 degree's worked perfect. wish i had a good clean shot of them to show you. try s-10 forum lots of info in there

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by phatassmuthafucka@Nov 9 2003, 10:32 PM
You are all gay, put thirteen inch wires on that bitch then you can be cool bouncing on the street all the way to Taco bell. why are you trying to make an s10 on 20s...thats fuckin retarded then you cant hop that shit..you are a fuckin looser kill yourself now.
yes, because as you know everyone wants to hop there shit and roll 13"....get a life

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by DRAGGINTOY@Nov 9 2003, 10:52 PM
The ones i did . i cut them right behind da ball joint and angles them 15 degree's worked perfect. wish i had a good clean shot of them to show you. try s-10 forum lots of info in there
did you angle them 15 degrees up or down? any way you could make a drawing of how you did it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you have the bills Air Ride Technologies makes upper and lower tubular control arms for the S10's that will allow them to lay on dubs.

I do believe that it's the ball joints binding though. Do like DragginToy said and pie cut the control arms to get a better angle on the ball joint. I did this for the upper control arms on my Mazda. With a little cutting and grinding they looked almost stock.

I made the cuts on the side, heated up the bend area with the torch and hammered it down.

You can kinda get the idea with this pic. They've already been cut and bent at this point. The one on the right has been welded.

finished.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah just like that and they'll work great

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
roadgrater? no thanks, I hate bolt ons! as for the pie cutting I did some searching on it, showed the picture lofrontier posted to a guy who did it to his s10 and he said it was wrong and makes the ball joint bind more and heres the picture of his
Im confuzed now on how to do it. The dude also said to flaten my lowers but never explained how that works..... can anyone shed some more light on this?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts