LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2005 chev crew-cab 1500. It's bagged with a 3-link. but I want juice. Ive been checking on alota stuff and I think I'm goin with a 4 pump PHopper setup. I'm a minitrucker so it must lay frame front 2 back but Ive read alot of people on here saying not to. Is juice that unreliable that you shouldn't. I hate going everywere and hearing pssssssssss psssssssssss.You know just gotta be different. This is my daily so I need to know if it will be ok. Thanks in advance. :cool:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by 2droppedchevs@Sep 2 2006, 06:08 PM~6093427
I got a 2005 chev crew-cab 1500. It's bagged with a 3-link. but I want juice.  Ive been checking on alota stuff and I think I'm goin with a 4 pump PHopper setup. I'm a minitrucker so it must lay frame front 2 back but Ive read alot of people on here saying not to. Is juice that unreliable that you shouldn't. I hate going everywere and hearing pssssssssss psssssssssss.You know just gotta be different. This is my daily so I need to know if it will be ok. Thanks in advance. :cool:
Juice is reliable make sure u get it done from right ppl though if u wanna lay frame either body drop ur truck or dont use springs and run cylinders with accumulators that'll make u sit low but Juice is alright personally i like airbags why dont u just body drop urs on airbag and get more air to play :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everyone with a truck has air it seems, I also have a 2000 seirra thats bagged and bodydropped 6". I just want to be a little different than everyone in the truck scene. As far as springs I got 2ton precuts for the back and 2-3/4tons for the front. I was also thinking accumes atleast for the back. Thanks CutCutty

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
man whats a 3 link? is that a 2 link with panhard?

If you claim mini trucker, I dont think you'll need more than a 2 pump setup. yes hydros are reliable. its the same stuff used on airplanes, why wouldnt it be? I hate some of the 'stereotypes' with juice.

about running coils, I wold run coils in the front. dependin on your wheel size those trucks can lay crossmember pretty easy. just need deep cups. But if your on big feet and start running out of coil,you could problly find some drop spindles or control arms for that truck.

Also being a mini trucker, you might look into shock relocators for the front and accumulators for the rear with 1/4 - 1 ton mini coils (sorry I can really recommend if your using accumulators, But I would think you could get away with some softer coils (with enough turns) and 'lowering' shocks in stock location.

The only thing unreliable is when some guy borrows his dads arc welder and welds flat 1/8" steel to the side of his frame and calls them spring perches. ghetto stuff like that is where hydros get there bad rep. Its not gonna break down any more than the similar components the rest of your truck is compromised of and when things do screw up, they usually dont leave you totally stranded.Even with a blown pump seal or a run away pump you can still lift the car off the ground to drive it home.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yea, it is a DAMN shame when the "hackers" of the world install hydraulics half-assed and give juice a bad name. ANYTHING works well as long as it's installed / put-together properly.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Originally posted by 2droppedchevs@Sep 2 2006, 06:38 PM~6093538
Everyone with a truck has air it seems, I also have a 2000 seirra thats bagged and bodydropped 6". I just want to be a little different than everyone in the truck scene. As far as springs I got 2ton precuts for the back and 2-3/4tons for the front. I was also thinking accumes atleast for the back. Thanks CutCutty
No problem bro.. but before u do anything just make sure u getting into something that'll EVENTUALLY end up breaking on u so be ready and get it done from right ppl so least it lasts u 5 to 10 years even if u dont keep it next person may roll it in fun.. but if u do what i told u bout accums and just cylinders sure as hell ud lay frame but if u break or leak something ur staying and not going home!.. but if u run coil to least if something breaks so u can make it home in driveable condition..

·
Registered
747 Posts
ive got an s10 with juice and i lay frame..you just need to run a 4 link in the rear..the front will lay just with the hydros..you cant run your leafs or youre not going to lay frame...what size wheels do you want to run??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by rook@Sep 3 2006, 11:27 AM~6095819
ive got an s10 with juice and i lay frame..you just need to run a 4 link in the rear..the front will lay just with the hydros..you cant run your leafs or youre not going to lay frame...what size wheels do you want to run??
I think he want you to get your damn control arms done and stop talking on Lay it Low hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't giving hydros a bad rap, I just always read on this site not to lay, like I said I want them. I'm sure 2 pumps would be fine but I waant a 4 pump setup. As for the springs I just want to be able to hop a little 12"-24". With my air I can get about 10"-12" throttlen @ 200psi. My truck has a wishbone(Y) three link. Its got 2" drop spindles and already lays on 23" Lexanis with 295-30/23"s. I just want to know why people say not to lay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts