LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup there is an '82 le Cabriolet in my area that a friend of mine is about to get. I didn't get a good look at it myself (just saw it in a yard while i passed it) Anyways my friend went up and talked to the owner and he said it was an '82. About it... its Missing: Front and rear bumpers, Most of the rest of the front clip. BUT my friend said that the top is nice and that the interior is all there (just needs to be redone) I don't know of any rust ( my friend didnt say) But my buddy made him an offer how it sat and dude said that he was going to put a battery and shit in it to try to get it running. What is something like that worth. I know they are very rare and go for top dollar but I dont think the dude knows what he has but what is a max price to give for it KNOWING what it is worth? OHH YEH.. don't PM me or anything asking where it is because I WILL post the info ONLY if my friend ( C.C. Member) or myself don't end up getting it.

Rob

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
offer him a grand . then sell it to me or trade it to me :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly...
Thats what he offered him and the dude didnt laugh at him so we will see what happens. He prolly wants like 1500-2000 for it.... hopefully

·
Premium Member
7,431 Posts
I would think that would be worth 4 or 5 grand if he knew what he had. A friend of mine paid 9gs for one that is complete, but needs redone (int., paint, etc)

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
yeah but the guy doesnt know that. missing bumpers and front end? if it wasnt for the lowrider market, whats it worth really? a grand or so.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
same thing i was thinkin OC58.... Hell it would just make it easier for me to put a 90 front end on it and rear bumper...lol

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by I Drag A55@Sep 5 2005, 12:21 AM~3754096
same thing i was thinkin OC58.... Hell it would just make it easier for me to put a 90 front end on it and rear bumper...lol
yeah you said max offer. hopefully not rotted on the bottom. that would hurt :(

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by OGJordan@Sep 5 2005, 03:36 AM~3754172
I said that I thought it was WORTH 4-5 Gs, I never said you should pay that for it.
You asked what is was worth.

I agree 100% with what ya said. Thats the same value that I told him I thought that it was worth. I DON'T plan on tellin dude what it is worth to me. I just want to get it for what it is worth to him. I just hope I can get it cheap cause if not I will be posting the info on here.

Rob

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Sep 5 2005, 03:40 AM~3754193
yeah you said max offer. hopefully not rotted on the bottom. that would hurt  :(
Yeh I hope it's not a rustbucket. I already have one of those. I am going to try to get by there and take a look at it tomorrow and maybe get some pics if I can pick up my camera before I head out there.

Rob

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
Originally posted by I Drag A55@Sep 5 2005, 02:10 AM~3754289
Yeh I hope it's not a rustbucket. I already have one of those. I am going to try to get by there and take a look at it tomorrow and maybe get some pics if I can pick up my camera before I head out there.

Rob
well if you dont get it let me know we will pay you for the info :biggrin:

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Floors aint shit... Anything that was done can be redone. It's not like it was some superhero with his/her superpowers that put it together... It was a person, just like you or me ;) (although, they had the patterned metal already there, haha)

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
yeah can be redone, but hes talking about what to offer based on certain things. which shouldnt be more then about 1500, less if its rusty. we know what they are, but again based on the other guys knowledge of the car

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took some pics today... they tell the story. It's more then what I can work with right now so I am going to see what my friend is going to do and I will let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[attachmentid=266629]

super OG bumper...[attachmentid=266626]

[attachmentid=266627]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
is the trim missing around the back?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
custom bumper

·
The Eater of Chicken
14,484 Posts
Get it fast.......I wouldn't chance missing the offer.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
more..

[attachmentid=266641]

[attachmentid=266644]

[attachmentid=266646]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 249 Posts