1 - 11 of 11 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal,

i got a s10 im building for a customer, 3pumps, 12" rears coilover
running it mono leaf.

i havent ever done a truck like this before so i HAVE to have it 3 WHEEL! six batts straight across the back, any suggg.?

:uh: :uh:

·
Registered
292 Posts
i would agree go with a 4 link the leafs will eventually break especially if you are doin a lot of 3 wheelin. Also do you want it to stand 3 or do a rollin 3?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
With 2 pumps in the rear it has to work. Put one chain in the middle that catches when the rear cylinders are half way lifted. Then dump one side and raise the other all the way up. It will then either 3 wheel, the pump will be too weak to lift that cylinder, or break the chain of something else.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The problem is not enough weight in the rear. Does the chain bridge lift the back tire off the ground while the front stays down. all the chaining in the world wont help if you dont have enough weight in the back to hold the ass down. put some steel plates under the bed from frame left to frame right. this shuold help a four link is defiately recomended. George SRS Hydraulics

·
Registered
525 Posts
In both my rangers I can dogleg parked because the weight. I can roll three in both though. one is chained the other isn't. 1 chain in the middle. I just got a four link on the one gonna do one on the 98 soon. You will need a lot of weight across the back though. I have 8 batts across the tailgate and still can't lock up 3. Can dog the hell out of it though.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Ive ended up with the same problem on my Blazer,...i even tried jacking it up in the front corner and juicing it to lck up the cylinder, all it did was lean down and sit there....sucked ass, here i been talkin all this shit about standing 3 and it won't do it...gotta think of something quick...

it has to be a weight problem bcuase it won't even stand with someone on the back bumper, and someone else lifting the front fender,...tire won't come off the ground,...iono!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
six Batteries across the back is not distributing enough weight properly to get a decent three!

also the 12's aint enought... try 14's or 16's with at least a 2 ton coil with the chain bridge chained off at about 10"

Extend the rear leaf shackle an inch to take some stress off the leafs...

also critical that you add the front (2x2x1/4)crossmember to stop flex asit will help stop the twist and give better three, without it the doors will not line up after a while and will be hard to open right off the bat..

"Same set up.... only did 12 inch standing 3, but great rolling 3, went bigger cylinders and boom.....

But Hydrota and everyone is right..... U will break something... Go 4 link or go home... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts