LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i know this might be getting old, but i have to ask; i got the airbagit.com plug and play kit and wouldn't you know it, i have a leak problem. i air it up pass 60 psi and the right side leaks. i disconnected the hose fit into the strut and reseated it, then checked the fitting at the control box, also reseated it. no luck.

has anyone gotten one of these kits and had a similair problem or know how to solve the problem with little effort.

next, is it normal for the tank to need to be refilled everytime you start the car? when i get in my car everyday, the tank needs to be refilled, like it is losing air there, too???

help please, i cant get it aligned if it is leaking

peace

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by sprgeo@Jan 7 2009, 05:46 PM~12635818
so i know this might be getting old, but i have to ask; i got the airbagit.com plug and play kit and wouldn't you know it, i have a leak problem. i air it up pass 60 psi and the right side leaks. i disconnected the hose fit into the strut and reseated it, then checked the fitting at the control box, also reseated it. no luck.

has anyone gotten one of these kits and had a similair problem or know how to solve the problem with little effort.

next, is it normal for the tank to need to be refilled everytime you start the car? when i get in my car everyday, the tank needs to be refilled, like it is losing air there, too???

help please, i cant get it aligned if it is leaking

peace
#

Damn homie , them plug and play kits are horrible . TOOOO many leaks . I bought 1 along time ago and that was the last one I ever bought . If you got it with plastic fittings then you will have to change them out to brass dot .

·
Registered
886 Posts
what are you using to cut your line? if it isnt straight... it will leak. how are your fittings screwed in? did you use thread sealer or teflon tape?

find the exact spot of the leak and fix it.... a spray bottle with soapy water in it will work wonders to find your leaks.... eliminate them 1 by 1.

if you are noticing them at 60 psi... they should be easy to find as the pressure builds up.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am using a razor knife, and i have pretty straight cuts. i used teflon tape for the fittings. i am not sure if the manifold that comes with the kit normally leaks or what. anyone else have these problems?

help...................

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i kinda figured this was the answer to this.

does anyone know if the actual manifold of the plug and play NEW normally leaks (airbagit.com 'shit')? if so, would you pull out the manifold or how would you go about the repair on that?

i am new to air but a veteran to hydros, so trying to get the troubleshooting thing down.

thanks

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by sprgeo@Jan 7 2009, 07:58 PM~12637055
thanks, i kinda figured this was the answer to this.

does anyone know if the actual manifold of the plug and play NEW normally leaks (airbagit.com 'shit')? if so, would you pull out the manifold or how would you go about the repair on that?

i am new to air but a veteran to hydros, so trying to get the troubleshooting thing down.

thanks
I would get a new kit. Chances are if the manifold is going, then so will the bags and other things. I have seen someone's install of the plug and play set-up and it was cool at first for the person BUT in the end she just couldn't take having to fix/replace, finding leaks and so on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If your tank is empty every morning then you have a leak at the tank or manifold. This can leak forward through your valves to your bags. This is where I would start.

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Jus like homie said- REPLACE THEM FITINGS.. those plastics that come with it are garbage- I use all parker all brass fittings on everything and never have leaks.

THose plastics are jus a cheap way to get the kits out the door and in the mail.
Dont even bother tryin to find leaks till you replace em-- then if you have leaks-- do the sopay water method-- but if you install the proper fittings properly- you SHOULD be good ;)

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Lock up the car, wait a few hours, if a certain side or bag is depleted, there is your problem, check at bag connection or valves. if all are flat, check the fittings(make sure they are NOT plastic) at the tank. Ask the wife for her dish soap and a bottle of water like homey says and spray all fittings when the bags/tank are full. look for bubbles. I used both teflon and the thread sealant on my connections. Like above, straight cuts. Good luck

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, i will go to work this morning and let you know what i find. weather sucks today in NY, but i will take advantage of the time i do have.

peace

·
Registered
253 Posts
Get something else. Those boxes are worthless. The headache you save with the easy install will come back 100x with all the leaks and bullshit once its in. I had one and switched it out for an Easystreet digital system.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so i found the problem.

1. i removed all the external fittings and put new teflon tape on the threading, and added the thread sealant.

2. i air'd it up all the way and still the same results.

3. i air'd it up, threw my jack under it and checked the strut itself....and bingo.

now since i am new to the AIR SUSPENSION world, i did some more reserch on how this was looking. did ya all know you should have a leader-line connected to your air struts? 'specialy if you are running a MAC style AIR strut??? everytime i air'd it up, i was getting a slight binding and since it is a PTC style fitting, it was leaking. and even worse, when i turned the wheel, it was not only leaking, but when you run a 3/8" airline directly to the strut, i am wearing out the hose/strut connection.

HMMMMM.....!!!!!!

so thanks everyone for your help. BTW, the kit is still new and i am still installing it. received it last month (DEC 08).

thanks for your insites.

peace

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just bought the same kit ( before I looked at this thread.) But I know better to use the brass comp. fittings.
Two bad check valve's all the screws on the strut bags were loose, and swapped out the shitty switches for a 7 switch box . But with a little work it's leak free. Not that bad of a kit for the budget bagger $$. :thumbsup:

·
IM BACK!!!
7,752 Posts
Originally posted by 64rivi@Jan 8 2009, 09:46 PM~12648444
I just bought the same kit ( before I looked at this thread.) But I know better to use the brass comp. fittings.
Two bad check valve's all the screws on the strut bags were loose, and swapped out the shitty switches for a 7 switch box . But with a little work it's leak free. Not that bad of a kit for the budget bagger $$.  :thumbsup:
As long as the fittings get replaced with all brass ones-- its worth it for the budget bagger like you say..

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by SWIPH@Jan 8 2009, 11:11 PM~12649520
As long as the fittings get replaced with all brass ones-- its worth it for the budget bagger like you say..

http://www.airassisted.com/Air-Management-...oduct_info.html

http://airbagit.com/product_info.php?cPath...roducts_id=4176

SO IN DOING A SWAP, I TOTALLY AGREE. THE PTC FITTING ON MY STRUTS ARE PLASTIC, AND IF THEY WERE BRASS, I THINK THEY WOULD BE FINE.

SO ON THE LINKS I HAVE ABOVE, WOULD THIS WORK ON THAT???

ANY THOUGHTS???

thanks

peace

1 - 20 of 37 Posts