LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I havn't gotten under there and torn anything apart but im leakin oil bad and I thought it was the oil filter so I replaced it and still leakin. Anyone know if theres a gasket that is prone to go bad on these cars? Or any tips on how to find the leak? Someone said theres one gasket that if its that I gotta drop the tranny to get to it....thats gonna suck if thats the case. Please let me know any info you can. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by dUBCADILLAC@Aug 29 2005, 07:34 PM~3716326
Alright, I havn't gotten under there and torn anything apart but im leakin oil bad and I thought it was the oil filter so I replaced it and still leakin. Anyone know if theres a gasket that is prone to go bad on these cars? Or any tips on how to find the leak? Someone said theres one gasket that if its that I gotta drop the tranny to get to it....thats gonna suck if thats the case. Please let me know any info you can. Thanks.
If you have the engine cooler lines on the car then there is an oil filter adapter. I had to replace the one on mine. All you gotta do is take off the filter, unhook the hard lines above the oil filter and then there's 2 bolts (I think allen wrench style) holding the adapter on. The adapter should take 2 gaskets (1 rubber/1 paper).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
are you sure it aint the oil pan? it could be the lower main seal
 

·
TDMMC
Joined
·
10,886 Posts
Never owned a caddy but I have seen the rear main seal leak on those cars :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
What up! Look to see where its leakin
and hopefully it's not major. Is it the car in your ava.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah its the car in my Avatar, Me and PIMPDADDYCADDY1966 got under there today and pretty sure its like Lac of Respect said because its coming down from the top of the filter and ive already replaced the filter several times and it still leaks.

Lac of Respect can I just get a new gasket for it? or do I have to get a whole new adapter?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by dUBCADILLAC@Sep 1 2005, 08:06 PM~3736865
yeah its the car in my Avatar, Me and PIMPDADDYCADDY1966 got under there today and pretty sure its like Lac of Respect said because its coming down from the top of the filter and ive already replaced the filter several times and it still leaks.

Lac of Respect can I just get a new gasket for it? or do I have to get a whole new adapter?
The adapter gaskets usually come in the same package as the oil pan gasket. You shouldn't need the adapter unless you tweeked it somehow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Sep 2 2005, 08:03 AM~3738614
The adapter gaskets usually come in the same package as the oil pan gasket.  You shouldn't need the adapter unless you tweeked it somehow.
sweet, i went up to car quest to see if they could get me the gaskets and they didn't have it in their computer but im sure they've got the oil pan gaskets. Thanks for your help man.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top