LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day, looked under on the undercarriage of my car to see if there was any (leftovers) ran over something???
So nothing was present but did notice some type of fluid leaking from where the bumper is mounted to. Could it be the shock absorber that's leaking, what will cause it leak? Wasn't hit or hit into. Can they be replaced?
Confused.
BTW, it for my 80 caddy coupe.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
x2, its just a way for the car to asorb the force from a crash. Who knows if even enough to make a difference :dunno:

but make sure its not your radiator leaking on to it and giving you the false impression

·
Registered
56 Posts
After a certian year cars sold in the US had to be able to hit something at 5mph and not take any damage. Its apart of that system. I have heard demo derby guys talking about welding them might not be a good idea! Explode maybe I dunno!

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea theres a shock in there. not sure if you can buy new ones. if they get bad some people just weld them in the extended position and put them back in.
Maybe I can get a good used one from the salvage yard.

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
x2, its just a way for the car to asorb the force from a crash. Who knows if even enough to make a difference :dunno:but make sure its not your radiator leaking on to it and giving you the false impression
Its not the radiator, should have mentioned its at the rear bumper driver side. Maybe a used one would help.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
ON MY CAPRICE I PUT THE REARS UNDER A LIFT AT WORK TO COMPRESS THEM A LITTLE OVER 2" THEM WELDED THEM IN PLACE. BRING THE BUMPER IN CLOSER TO THE CAR I LOVE THE LOOK OF IT......WOULDNT WORK ON A CADILLAC OF COURSE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.