LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ALMOST READY TO CRUISE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PUMPS LEAKING OIL, NOT BAD OR A LOT BUT CONSISTENT AMOUNTS. THINKING MAYBE IT'S THE SEALS. JUST STARTED HAPPENING, SO I'M DEFINITELY A LITTLE WORRIED.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
PUMPS LEAKING OIL, NOT BAD OR A LOT BUT CONSISTENT AMOUNTS. THINKING MAYBE IT'S THE SEALS. JUST STARTED HAPPENING, SO I'M DEFINITELY A LITTLE WORRIED.
If its leaking from the tank, just change the seal...

·
ALMOST READY TO CRUISE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think it's leaking from the motor side, it's always on that side. were do i get the seals

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
From the motor side? Maybe its leaking from the fitting that goes into the block. Just dump the car, disconnect the hoses, unscrew the assembly from the block, re teflon the fitting and screw back on. Best bet is to clean it up and then see where its leaking from first.

·
ALMOST READY TO CRUISE
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i remove the dump fittings or the motor itself from the block. what do you mean re teflon it, is that the stuff you wrap around the threads to seal it tight

·
Registered
695 Posts
No, no, no. If it is leaking from the motor side it the seal that is inside. When you attach the pump head to the block, there is a seal that sits in between the two. (Where the key goes). You are going to have to take the pump out of your car, drain the oil, take your tank off, and then take the pump head off and check the seal. Once you replace it it will not leak any more. If you can not do it, and live around the san bernardino california area I have a shop and I will be more then happy to help you. ROYAL HYDRAULICS: 708 w Mill st. Suite F.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
No, no, no. If it is leaking from the motor side it the seal that is inside. When you attach the pump head to the block, there is a seal that sits in between the two. (Where the key goes). You are going to have to take the pump out of your car, drain the oil, take your tank off, and then take the pump head off and check the seal. Once you replace it it will not leak any more. If you can not do it, and live around the san bernardino california area I have a shop and I will be more then happy to help you. ROYAL HYDRAULICS: 708 w Mill st. Suite F.
X2 THAT SHOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM

·
Registered
695 Posts
cool, thanks. were can i get some seal
Give art at hoppos hydraulics a call. (909) 923-5553. Tell you need the seal that goes on the pump head shaft. (Where the key goes) Its green. And it goes between the block and pump head. You should order a couple of them and replace all you pumps. Tell him Ray from Royal Hydraulics sent you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts