LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i notice my car been leakin some kinda fluid...its leakin from the flywheel cover..so i'm thinkin its tranny fluid....when i first go the car i took it to jiffy lube and the jackass messed up some overflow seal by over filling the tranny, so its always leaked a lil fluid now and then..very minor amounts....i took it to a mecanic and he said not to trip it was nothin serious and he said just fix it whenever i get around to it...but lately i notice it seems like its leakin a lil more..anybody have any idea what it could be??

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea see i'm wonder..i just changed my oil too..i checked and the bolt on the pan isn't leaking i dunno whats goin on..car is runnin fine..i'm gonna check my oil in the morning and see if it went down any..i think if it was the real seal on my engine it would have lost power or somthing though right?

·
Registered
498 Posts
NO YOU WOULD ONLY LOSE OIL, NO POWER. IT EITHER YOUR REAR MAIN SEAL ON YOUR MOTOR OR THE INPUT SHAFT SEAL BEHIND THE TORQUE CONVERTER IN THE TRANNY. THE TRANNY HAS TO COME OUT OR SLID BACK IN EITHER CASE. ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS JOB UNLESS ITS LEAKING BAD OR YOUR REAL ANAL ABOUT YOUR SHIT JUST KEEP CHECKING THE FLUID LEVELS AS LONG AS YOU CAN

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
get that shit fixed before ur crank shaft is fucked

it is a pain in the ass but worht it b4 u really fuck something up

if its leaking on the back engine seal that means that main bearing that is right there isnt being lubed properly bad news

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shit i dunno..engine has less then 100k on it....i have noticed a that my oil level does go down a lil over time...but its like i add less then a quart in a month depending if i take long trips or not....oh well i'll just keep an eye on my levels..thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts