LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember that Ipod I was selling for parts? Well I sold it to pharas and he said when he got it the screen was cracked! I dont doubt that but it wasnt like that when I sent it! I put it in a bubble envelope thinking that would be sufficient but I guess it got shook around and cracked the screen with the spider crack he asked for a refund but I cant afford to do a refund on a item i was shipping as broken in the 1st place and only asking $30 so i offered some kind of compensation as sometimes i get free electronic goodies btu he wasnt interested. I understand his frustration but those of you who have bought from me know this is not regular for me.I appologized to him so I thought Id give myself bad feedback 1st. And Pharas post pics of how it looked when u got it so they can see what im talking about!

Sorry again guys! Ill try to make sure Items are "usps proof" before shipping :twak:

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
usps proof???

a bubble mailer with no extra protection???

the damage..

As for offering compensation?? you said You might be able to do something but couldnt promise me anything.. Nice..

I sent him this as soon as it came in the mail..
Got the unit today.. It was damaged beyond what you stated. Not sure if it was in shipping or before. The left top corner took a hit. It has spider webs streaming out from the corner for about 1inch and the metal case is bend a bit there. The right side corner also has some cracks on it. Normal wear and tear is not a problem but thats damage. The metal case is also bent up right above the dock plug. I have not even turned the unit on as Im not going to go buy a cable for a damaged unit. Let me know how you want to handle this. I prefer to just get a refund then send it back as the unit is damaged way beyond what was stated.

This is what I got in return..

I see the spider crack and it wasnt there before i sent it. I dont do refunds! Im sorry and I know it may seem as tho im trying to be funny but I truly am not the screen was as it was pictured before It was mailed off. I dont know if usps is at fault but I can assure you that I wouldnt mail you an item that yo expected to be broken more broken then I described. ! I dont do business like that! Again I appologize for the resulting product but this is not somethin im known for on here! Ill see if I can send you somethin to compensate but i cant promise but I Will try

I replied with this..

You for real?? You dont pack the thing at all and I have to just suck it up since its broken? I dont think so. You the shipper are responsible for that. If it was packaged properly it would have gotten here fine. You say you dont do business like that yet you are. Ill be sure to leave you a post in the feedback forum. Thanks Rick

He replies with this..
Ok. i didnt make any profit off that thing and I had to come out of pocket for shipping which may not have been alot to you but every penny counts for me. And I dont do business like that and I even offered to give some kind of compensation because sometimes i do get mp3 players for free I was going t send you one of them but you immediately get an attitude some people dont even respond if a deal goes bad atleast I was being honest and trying to do something for you i feel bad when people that pay me are not happy too! Ill leave the feedback for you!

IM not sure when I did anything wrong in all this.. I paid him instantly on Jan 10th.. I even paid his outragous 8 bucks shipping.. He said in his topic 25 plus shipping.. I got the item today Jan 20th. It was damaged. I asked for a refund because it was way damaged beyond his "normal wear and tear" He says flat out sorry no refunds.. Sorry when you sell something you should make sure you ship it properly.

·
16,068 Posts
$8 should have more than covered shipping, INSURANCE, and paypal fees. Obviously there was no insurance put on it as it was a broken item already. If it were me, i'd refund the balance after shipping once i got the item back or just offer the partial refund and keep the item rather than wasting more time/money sending broken stuff back. Small price to pay compared to paying extra for insurance on everything you send.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
If item was packed poorly and not covered with insurance I feel like its seller at fault.

I take pride in my reputation and in something like that I would do a full refund and charge it to the game and take it as a lesson learned in taking better percautions in future shipping.

I know ive lost some money in some items sold but my reputation is way more important. Just my 2 cents. :cool:

·
57 RAG
30,661 Posts
Originally posted by Texas_Bowties@Jan 20 2009, 08:13 PM~12764782
If item was packed poorly and not covered with insurance I feel like its seller at fault.

I take pride in my reputation and in something like that I would do a full refund and charge it to the game and take it as a lesson learned in taking better percautions in future shipping.

I know ive lost some money in some items sold but my reputation is way more important. Just my 2 cents. :cool:
I feel the same way I would of even paid for shipping back to me and paid a full refund that way the buyer did not loose one dime I know it sux sometimes but got to be straight up :cool:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by MOSTHATED CC@Jan 20 2009, 07:26 PM~12764927
I feel the same way I would of even paid for shipping back to me and paid a full refund that way the buyer did not loose one dime I know it sux sometimes but got to be straight up :cool:
yea i understand that but alot of my money is tied up right now im jus starting out with my business and tho i may have a few products alot of times money is short! Now I understand I guess i should expect for something to go wrong plus whne you mail something outand it was good before it left how do u know the buyer didnt damage the product more! I could have sold this locally for $30 it wasnt that big of a deal to me now i understand hes upset and like i said I offered other compensation but he didnt wan it so fuck I guess i should have stolen one of my daughter toys and sold it for money to pay him back!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Originally posted by PS2MODCHIP@Jan 21 2009, 12:18 PM~12770501
Just got done talking to paypal they said it was not my fault and this could have been done by the buyer and are not going to pursue this, so atleast they agree with me
are you fuckin kidding me :uh:

your gonna let your reputation on here go for a shit over 25 dollars???

and fuck what paypal says there a bunch of crooks themselves just refund the guys 25 fuckin dollars :uh:

and if your just starting a buisness and you cant afford 25 bucks ... well good luck to you, but if your customer service is anything like it is on here......im sure you will do just fine :uh: :uh: :uh:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by vintage1976@Jan 21 2009, 10:27 AM~12770568
are you fuckin kidding me  :uh:

your gonna let your reputation on here go for a shit over 25 dollars???
and fuck what paypal says there a bunch of crooks themselves just refund the guys 25 fuckin dollars  :uh:

and if your just starting a buisness and you cant afford 25 bucks ... well good luck to you, but if your customer service is anything like it is on here......im sure you will do just fine  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:
i mean i do what i can do for people. I've cut people deals I've sold in bulk sometimes I dont even make profit! You can make me the bad guy on this but i didnt go to paypal he did within 3 minutes of tellin me the problem. I told him id try to get him some other compensation and he went to paypal! Im not givin him anything! now i may had been able to pull some strings and get somethin for himor who knows but when u go to someone above me about it you obviously dont want it in my hands now i do care about my rep on here and if you ask anybody else im a great seller! I ship fast as I can and I check up with EVERYBODY to make sure that they did get there product not to mention as-is was on this post! I've dealt with shady sellers on this site back in the day and believe me im not shady. I dont hide or dissapear from people after I sale something. I keep good communication with them and i do my best to desribe any defects or anything wrong with my product to avoid this type of shit from happening! Whats the point of saying something is as-is if the buyer can get it and say fuck that i want my money back! I could see if I was advertising this as a new or a fully functional ipod and he got it like that! And besides I rarely put as-is on my post because most of the shit i sale is new that jus happened to be one of the rare used items i got! the post topic was "Anybody fix broken ipods!" for fuck sake

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I went right to paypal after you replied to me saying to bad.. What else was I supposed to do?? I came right to you when I got the item.. What was your reply.. I dont do refund and I might be able to compensate you.. So I went on to the next step. I understood from the start this was a parts unit.. But when you ship it half assed and it gets damaged beyond being parts your responsible.. Good luck in your business. If your willing to let your rep on LIL go to hell over 33 bucks Im sure your business will work the same..

Thanks to all the people above you see the case here like it is. Let it be a lesson for everyone. This guy is a bad seller. He dont care about his customers. Hes only out to get his and screw the rest. Im sure someone will be jumping at the bit to buy some of your higher buck "deals". You ganna wrap that big screen in some paper bags and ship it. Its as is suckers.. How about that Ipod touch.. How about buying a 2 buck box Hell use the 8 bucks of shipping you screwed me out of to cover it.. It is as is so who cares right.. Well karma is a bitch and it will come back and get ya.. Have a nice life.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by phatras@Jan 21 2009, 11:18 AM~12771011
I went right to paypal after you replied to me saying to bad.. What else was I supposed to do?? I came right to you when I got the item.. What was your reply.. I dont do refund and I might be able to compensate you.. So I went on to the next step. I understood from the start this was a parts unit.. But when you ship it half assed and it gets damaged beyond being parts your responsible..  Good luck in your business. If your willing to let your rep on LIL go to hell over 33 bucks Im sure your business will work the same..

Thanks to all the people above you see the case here like it is. Let it be a lesson for everyone. This guy is a bad seller. He dont care about his customers. Hes only out to get his and screw the rest. Im sure someone will be jumping at the bit to buy some of your higher buck "deals". You ganna wrap that big screen in some paper bags and ship it. Its as is suckers.. How about that Ipod touch.. How about buying a 2 buck box Hell use the 8 bucks of shipping you screwed me out of to cover it.. It is as is so who cares right.. Well karma is a bitch and it will come back and get ya.. Have a nice life.
nah high end producsts are professionally wrapped and sent I get them like this. I wish i could have eberything professionally shipped but I cant! An most of my post about tvs say I prefer local pick up so id ont have to be bothered with shipping of heavy items! and for your info the ipod touch was as is too but it sold and the person who bought it did not complain!

·
~Individuals CC~
6,502 Posts
Its not looking good for future sales on LIL. PS2MODCHIP just owned himself with this topic. RIP.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Originally posted by NaptownSwangin@Jan 21 2009, 12:03 PM~12771371
Its not looking good for future sales on LIL. PS2MODCHIP just owned himself with this topic. RIP.
X2 THAT SOME FUCKED UP SHIT RIGHT THEIR!! :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Man it was already broken lol.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Good to know and to be honest I will never do business with you.

AS IS????HAHA thats a good one, let me sell something and say as is but just forget to mention all bad. :biggrin: :uh:

Good luck with your business but from a self employed persons perspective take my advice and protect that rep because word travels fast. Way seems like you just burned your rep on lay it low. Either way not my money just an outside opinion so good luck to both. :cool: Also One thing I do is i dont empty my paypal till item is received and deal is final! $8.00 for shipping? Fawk Post office has huge flat rate box for $9 and you could of stuffed it with rolls of bubble wrap. :cool:

P.S. Fk what paypal says, sounds like you are just looking for a way out of it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts