LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iight most of you know im the guy with the drop top lego lowrider with real working switches. im redoing it.....for the 10th time :biggrin: and i want some strong valves, gotta be duel action tho because the cylinders are duel action, port to drop port to lift.
so who knows of any small valves that can take some psi? every time i hit it with 50psi or so the valves take a shit on me bla bla bla. so i need some help to get this thang on the bumper :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

you can see the stroke right above the rear tire :cheesy:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Jan 12 2004, 10:55 PM
shorty? :biggrin:

fish tank valves maybe? :dunno: lol

airbag valves? :dunno:

dunno, just throwing some ideas out there
yep it is I shorty 2low :biggrin:

what are the fish tank valves?

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 12 2004, 09:58 PM
yep it is I shorty 2low :biggrin:

what are the fish tank valves?
damn man, i was sittin here and then i started putting 2+2 together and was like.... ohh ok!! :cheesy: lol

so, you're looking for control valves themselves right.... like to crack open and let the air in and then back out?

if thats what you are looking for then that is why i mentioned the fish tank valves......

on the big ass tanks for running multiple pumps or multiple accessories they have a manifold setup which has like 4-6 valves that you turn open and closed. they arent like water faucets where you turn and turn but they are levers that you crack open in a 1/4 turn. alot of them these days are plastic, i'm not sure how much psi those would hold but the older ones are brass and i think they might do the trick. they might still be around though ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
have you looked on eBay??? there's always strange assortments of valves on there that people salvage off of industrial equipment. Most of them run on 120VAC though. Worth a look though. I've got some valves that might work for ya. Might be a little overkill but...

I have 4 of 'em. They're Parker 3-ways. 12VDC coils. One valve will do lift and dump. I'm not posative how the plumbing inside these go but I'm pretty sure they can be set up to run dual action cylinders.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
holy shit guys this cars only 14" long!! and the lines are only so big.
the cylinder work by air being pumped to the top or to the bottom to lift or dump

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Jan 12 2004, 10:49 PM
the cylinders are duel action, port to drop port to lift.
every time i hit it with 50psi or so the valves take a shit
Could you post some photos of the cylinders and the set up you have right now? I think a lot of us would like to see. Please :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV+Jan 13 2004, 03:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScratchBuilderV @ Jan 13 2004, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mark@Jan 12 2004, 10:49 PM
the cylinders are duel action, port to drop port to lift.
every time i hit it with 50psi or so the valves take a shit
Could you post some photos of the cylinders and the set up you have right now? I think a lot of us would like to see. Please :biggrin:[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Jan 18 2004, 05:36 PM
a little off subject but,,,,, how's that G/N - Regal you got from me coming along? :cheesy:
still in primer and nothing put together....door, trunk, hood...all not hinged yet

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what do you think....should i trash the drop top and build a truck? there truck would be bigger so i could make a better front set up, in hops that i can cocs a hop out of it

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Jan 18 2004, 05:53 PM
maybe :dunno:

its up to you, i know you've had it done like that for a looooong time now.
well....right now i have the body off the frame....yes it has a body and frame :biggrin: any how im going to try and keep the car body...if i can hit bumper...or just a hop ill do the truck
but for right now the frame with out the front on it will sit on the bumper
:cool:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Jan 18 2004, 11:04 PM
why don't you just modify that setup to use on an actual model car??
i dont want to. i like the lego stuff. plus the cars 13" long :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts