LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking to buy a 1 or 2 ton dump truck-most are pto drive but some have lift gate style pumps for the bed...i havent checked any out just yet,kinda curious if would be better to just get pto drive setup,seems like it would struggle a bit dumping a full load on 12v(even with bigger cylinders) so whats your info on the subject? :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
I would buy the pto pump. Much more flow .

I know somebody with a gate style pump and its broke.

It always lifted slow until it broke.

I would buy a pto setup for a dump truck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Feb 14 2010, 11:05 PM~16612855
I would buy the pto pump.  Much more flow .

I know somebody with a gate style pump  and its broke.

It always lifted slow  until it broke.

I would buy a pto setup for a dump truck
yeah i figured as much,seems like it would lag,just less hassle without pto,but thats why i asked :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by chairmnofthboard@Feb 15 2010, 12:01 AM~16613453
What's your payload and GPM?
not sure-just kinda started researchin-not sure exactly how much a 1 ton or 2 ton holds-some of the things im tryin to figure out cause i dont wanna overload :yessad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by chairmnofthboard@Feb 15 2010, 03:08 AM~16615633
You should be fine. 2500 PSI should do it.
yeah i figure it works fine,the ones ive seen been in use for a while,and its not a like its a cce or bmh pump,just same style-more less im just curious about reliability ect-i know electric pumps really lag in the winter and thats with multiple batteries,so i was curious to the 12v set up on a dump truck,cause it will be used year round in the north :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,732 Posts
I don't know exactly what pump you are using, but we use a similar pump for our trailers. The same pump can be set for trailers that range from 3,500-21,000lbs depending on GPM, cylinder size, counter balance.

 

·
McAsshole
Joined
·
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 14 2010, 10:12 AM~16608778
been looking to buy a 1 or 2 ton dump truck-most are pto drive but some have lift gate style pumps for the bed...i havent checked any out just yet,kinda curious if would be better to just get pto drive setup,seems like it would struggle a bit dumping a full load on 12v(even with bigger cylinders) so whats your info on the subject? :dunno:
aren't most of those pumps are driven direct from the pto?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by chairmnofthboard+Feb 15 2010, 12:03 PM~16617043-->
I don't know exactly what pump you are using, but we use a similar pump for our trailers. The same pump can be set for trailers that range from 3,500-21,000lbs depending on GPM, cylinder size, counter balance.


[/b]
good info :cool:
<!--QuoteBegin-themadmexican
@Feb 15 2010, 12:21 PM~16617143
aren't most of those pumps are driven direct from the pto?
yeah most are,all the 2 ton trucks ive been looking at are pto,but a few of the 1 tons have electric pumps-most are pto drive tho :yes:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top