LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about rready to swapp my frames, was wondering the best lifting points to pull hte body off?, usaully i use a lift, but i dont have access to it at the time, so i have to do it this way, thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
i've rolled the windows down and ran a sling through the cab, but that was on a truck, on a car i used a jack from undernieth

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i 've doen this also, but lucky it was a donner car for a frame, it colasppesd the roof :( so i dont want to do that, any body else? got suggs.

·
Registered
343 Posts
what if you build brakets that run under the car and bolt up to the body mounts, like a peice of 2X3 channel the sticks out 1 foot on each side that slides under tha car. then hook onto the 2X3 channel with a sling or chain and use those as the liftinf points. u would need a bottle jack to lift the body off the frame a bit to slide the 2X3 inbetween but that isnt hard work at all. i would suggest one at the front body mounts under the firewall and the other at the rear mounts so u have 4 lifting points. it involves a liitle bit of fabbing but thats easy stuff to fab :cool:

·
Registered
343 Posts
i just realized that the engine/ transmission would have to be pulled to get the front brackt inplace, but if ur pulling the body off the frame then i imagin the front end is off and the motor/tranny is already pulled

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
You got about 8 big homies???

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im gonna just build a hydro lift!!! easiest way and fastest!

thanks to all who tryied to heklp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts