LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 55 Chevy that I want to lower more. It's only dropped about 2inches. I want to go lower but had a quick question. I want to be able to raise it to go over bumps and shit like that so I don't scrape the hell out of the bottom. Any suggestions on which route to go?

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Avenged79+Oct 30 2003, 02:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Avenged79 @ Oct 30 2003, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tcvaldez@Oct 30 2003, 03:22 PM
Hydros without a doubt.

Later
TC
Not looking to do anything to crazy.......just want to lift it over the crappy shit in the road :cool:[/b][/quote]
bags with 1/4 3/8 can get the stuff for like 3-4 hundred
maby way cheaper just depends

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
A one pump, two dump (front/rear) hydraulic set-up with one battery hooked up to your alternator to keep it charged. Damn-near zero-maintenance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same as my 54 Bel Air.
I had a 2 inch drop and wanted it on the ground.
I have a 2 pump 2 dump set up so I can drop the front, rear, and pancake it. I have 3 batts (36V) in one bank.
Works great, but your not going to get that frame on the ground without C notching the rear. All the kustoms you see at the shows have their frame notched, Once your frame hits your axle, thats as low as your going to get without notching it,
This is the same scenario with bags. BUT,
there are currently no bolt-on air kits for a 54 yet without going to an M2 front end and ditching the kingpins. maybe tri 5 chevs have kits now.
Getting smaller tires will help the lowering, because I am sure you want to stick with your 15in. wheels. ;)
Good luck with whatever you do, just make sure your not hasty, if you want your frame on the ground, my opinion is to save your money, notch your frame in the rear, and choose bags or juice.
Im not going to comment on which is better, I am happy with my hydros, but.......... Bags are very cool too. :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by Avenged79@Oct 30 2003, 02:19 PM
Got a 55 Chevy that I want to lower more. It's only dropped about 2inches. I want to go lower but had a quick question. I want to be able to raise it to go over bumps and shit like that so I don't scrape the hell out of the bottom. Any suggestions on which route to go?
how much do you want to cut your frame? with hydros your looking at making some near permanent mods.

with bags especially a basic kit, its pretty much bolt on. if your only using it for ground clearance, one tank, one comp. and 1/4" - 3/8" all around which is very inexpensive and will get the job done.

:),

cc

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Avenged79@Oct 30 2003, 02:19 PM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts